Black Shark se retrasa a fin de año... o más allá

Dear all,Regarding a release date for Black Shark, the original dates have been moved back due to two primary reasons:1- While in years past TFC/Eagle has been primarily focused on the entertainment market, this has changed over the past year. Much of our work now is also focused on supporting military simulation contracts. Some of you may have heard about the A-10C PE Desk Top Simulation (DTS) for the U.S. ANG that we're just finishing up. Due to the demands of this project and others, the bulk of our engineering resources had to be shifted away from Black Shark this year. Thankfully, these resources are now being shifted back.As other projects come up and we have to reprioritize resources, it's possible that Black Shark resources will once again need to be shifted, we just don't know right now. Because of this dynamic nature, trying to pin down the actual release date is problematic and could turn out to be grossly inaccurate. As such, we find it best to keep the release date very loose at this time until the project is close enough to completion that we can accurately predict its ship date.2- Although the original plan for the Ka-50 project was to just add the Ka-50, it has grown substantially greater than this. Be it a new mission editor system, advances in ground unit and helo unit AI, new AI units, etc., all of these have contributed to the time and resource budget necessary to complete the project given a constant-size staff. So, although this has pushed dates back, you will get a much more feature-rich product in the end.Regarding feature details of the project...I realize that many of you wish for a lot more information and I can promise you that it is indeed coming. However, we have a specific publishing plan that will release many details, videos, developer logs at the proper time prior to the projected release (at no charge). Looking back at the experience of Lock On, we do not wish to start this process to soon and be accused of over-hyping the product and promising features before they are in fact in and working in the code. We’ve already been down that road and it was a bumpy one.Much of the team is now working on Ka-50 again and a 2007 release still looks likely. Beyond that we will have to ask for your patience as we move forward.As I get new information regarding the status of the project I will be posting it.__________________Matt WagnerProducer, TFC/Eagle Dynamics 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Important Information

Some pretty cookies are used in this website