Dvd In English, A Great Way Of Learning

Guest Darkness

Guest Darkness

I usually see DVDs in english. But I remember Top Gun in spanish, and other films. It is incredible how bad the translations are, I can't understand the way they translate from english to spanish, especially in films about airplanes.

I recommend seeing DVDs about airplanes (Top Gun is a good example) to learn. The reason I'm speaking about Top Gun is because the english version is more technical than the spanish version. I know Top Gun is not an example of a air combat film, but it doesn't matter, the english version is quite better is technical expressions, I recommend it. If you have problems understanding the film, just activate the subtitles (always in english).

Of course, other films will help you improve your english, but you can start with films like Top Gun, it is easy to understand.

Guest Darkness

Another very interesting film is "The final countdown", not the song :P but the film. The translation from english to spanish stinks. I clearly recommend this film in english. You can read about this film in the cinema forum here.

TheFinalCountdownDVD.jpg

I start with Big Muzzy (yeah, what an easy film!!) in my childhood

Haha i have seen plenty of Big Muzzy things to learn english. Since I was 6 years old i've been speaking english up to nowadays.

A monster who eats clocks. Yeah, a very realistic film, isn't it? :D :D

Anyway, it's a good start for the non-english-speaker. I saw the last summer all the videos, trying to understand each word (yeah, it isn't so easy sometimes). I hope the next year try with the First Certificate and go ahead for the Advance Certificate. Sometimes I weak up on the morning and curse all my ancestors for losing the Americas :D

Regards!!

Another very interesting film is "The final countdown", not the song :P but the film. The translation from english to spanish stinks. I clearly recommend this film in english. You can read about this film in the cinema forum here.

TheFinalCountdownDVD.jpg

This movie is in my waiting-list, I believe that in the FNAC it will be

I would also recommend you to listen the BBC radio, specially radio 4 (Intelligent speech) , one of my favourites when I was trying to get my First Certificate.....

See attached link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/

There you can hear some differents programs genres. I remembered a good one called you and yours, which was one of my fovourites....

pd. Ahhh!!!! I didn't pass the first........

I want to recommend a new method for those who have an iPod. In the Podcast section of the iTunes Store you can easily find lots of podcast for free in english. In addition there are entire English courses for free. If you don't have an iPod but you use iTunes you can also download Podcasts. Is not sctrictely necessary to follow the lesson or listen to the podcast in an iPod. A PC is enough but unless you have a portable PC you will not be allowable to listen to your podcasts everywhere and when you want.