Duda Acerca De La Usaf

Gler75

Buenas!!

Por casualidad alguien sabe las exclusiones para ser piloto de cazas de la USAF???Porque del ejercito español ya quedé descartado por la vista :lol: y en algún foro de internet pone que por lo visto en la USAF son mas permisivos con el tema de la vista,alguien tiene información fiable???

Gracias por adelantado!

Lo de ser ciudadano americano ya me lo imaginaba que habría que serlo pero eso seria cuestión en principio de sacarse la nacionalidad americana y ya esta no??igual que aqui en españa si vienes de otro país con sacarte la nacionalidad puedes ingresar en el ejército.lo que pasa que siendo americanos no sé yo si te dejaran ser piloto viniendo de otro pais porque me da que pa eso son un poco especialitos alli...

Question: Can a non-U.S. Citizen join the United States Military?

Answer: Yes. A non-citizen can enlist in the military. However, federal law prohibits non-citizens from becoming commission or warrant officers.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthem.../noncitizen.htm

Citizenship

While there is a statutory requirement that only a United States Citizen may become a commissioned officer, this is not true for enlistment. Certain non-citizens can enlist in the United States Armed Forces. To be eligible to enlist, a non-citizen must:

(1) Entered the United States on a permanent residence visa or has an Alien Registration Receipt Card (INS Form 1-551/I-551 greencard or stamped I-94), and

(2) Established a bona fide residence, and

(3) Established a home of record in the United States.

The visa and/or "greencard" must have sufficient time remaining on it (expiration date) to be valid during the entire term on enlistment. While non-citizens may enlist in the U.S. Military, they are not allowed to reenlist (stay in beyond their first term of service), unless they first become U.S. Citizens. However, there are accelerated citizenship procedures for non-citizens on active duty. For details, see our article, U.S. Citizenship in the Military.

I get lots of email from non-U.S. citizens, who do not live in the U.S., asking how they can join the U.S. Military. Quite simply, you can't. In order to join any branch of the United States Military, one must either be a U.S. Citizen, or one must be a legal immigrant, currently living in the United States, with a "green card." The United States Military cannot and will not assist in the immigration process. In order to join the U.S. Military, one must legally immigrate first, and then apply to join the military, once they are living in the U.S.

For enlistment purposes, citizens of the United States include citizens of: Guam, Puerto Rico, The U.S. Virgin Islands,The Northern Marianas Islands, American Samoa, The Federated States of Micronesia, and The Republic of the Marshall Islands.

Not all non-citizens may be eligible to enlist. Applicants who have been residents of countries considered hostile to the interests of the United States require a waiver. See your local recruiter for the most current list of countries considered hostile to the interests of the United States.

While non-citizens may enlist, they will find their job choices extremely limited. DOD policy prohibits granting security clearances to non-U.S. Citizens. Therefore, non-Citizens. who enlist in the United States military will be limited to those jobs which do not require a security clearance.

Si no me equivoco, para ser piloto hay que ser Commissioned Officer, por lo tanto hay que ser ciudadano estadounidense.

Recordad. Internet es nuestro amigo.... ;)

Edito. He leido por ahí que hacen falta 9 años de residencia en EE.UU para poder optar a la ciudadania. Y la edad limite para ingresar en la USAF es de 30 años...

Edited by SERGI-

Creo que si uno va con la recomendación de un tal Osama, pues ni un problema.

Pd: Perdón, es Obama, pues que si vas con la de Osama, sacas pasaje a Guatánamo ( y te apuras, pues ya lo cierran)

Por otra parte y viendo el devenir de la aviación de combate, pues pareciera que pronto ser piloto se podrá desde la virtualidad misma, ya ves..los UCAV y esas cosas.

Por ahí se comenta que que se ofreceran cupos a los aviadores virtuales para pilotar los UCAV..... Imaginen!!!!, plazas de trabajo , además de diversión!!!!

Y sin siquiera movernos desde nuestros hogares.

Le diré a mi mujer:

"Espera, ya baño al pequeño, primero debo efectuar una misión sobre afganistán, la USAF me contrató por 22 horas a la semana, eso sí, no contenplan llamadas CAS de emergencia"

¿Que tal?

Edited by racoon