Bring His Brains Out

90% of the times a french was following an indian Su-30, as fast as the Su-30 started countermeasures or evasive maneuvres, the frenchs just made half turn and moved away from him. So they never really went into the merge.

JUAS, estos siempre igual :xd:

Oh, sorry, in english:

Hohoho, as always....

Once an indian shot down an american, and the american said...

"what's up?? I can empty the ashtray as I want <_< ".

:xd:

Somebody among the audience makes a question about the Su-30 radar, and the debirefing responsible states that the radar onboard the Su-30 is technology from the 80's: "it's an ESA radar (I've checked that, and it's actaully PESA, but I'm not quite sure about the difference, if any :unsure: ).

The difference with the radar in the Raptor is that the last one is an "active analogic scan radar", while the first one is just "analogic scan radar". It's just a letter, an "A", but there is a huge difference thou, since the ESA radar has more technical problems when it comes to find and discriminate targets.

Not really. The 'A' from 'AESA' means Active, Electronic Scan Radar. Otherwise, the 'P' from 'PESA' means Passive, electronic scan radar. Nothing is analogical here, all is fully digital. Both are 'ESA' radars, but use different technology to spot targets.

The main point about AESA Radar is that they have thousand of little modules which can transmit and receive. PESA Radar's modules only can receive, but modules can module an input signal to deflect radar beam. At the end, both radar have agile beam movements, but only AESA can distribute the modules' use regarding the situation (for example, 50% to AG stuff, 20% to search scan and 30% to track targets...). PESA radars only have a beam, yeah, only one, so is very similar to traditional mechanical scan doppler radars.

Things are worst for PESA radars. The beam have to pass through all modules to be moduled, so signal suffer significative loss of power in this process. So, at the end, PESA radars have worst ranges that equivalent mechanical scan Doppler radars.

Regards!

Somebody among the audience makes a question about the Su-30 radar, and the debirefing responsible states that the radar onboard the Su-30 is technology from the 80's: "it's an ESA radar (I've checked that, and it's actaully PESA, but I'm not quite sure about the difference, if any :unsure: ).

The difference with the radar in the Raptor is that the last one is an "active analogic scan radar", while the first one is just "analogic scan radar". It's just a letter, an "A", but there is a huge difference thou, since the ESA radar has more technical problems when it comes to find and discriminate targets.

Not really. The 'A' from 'AESA' means Active, Electronic Scan Radar. Otherwise, the 'P' from 'PESA' means Passive, electronic scan radar. Nothing is analogical here, all is fully digital. Both are 'ESA' radars, but use different technology to spot targets.

The main point about AESA Radar is that they have thousand of little modules which can transmit and receive. PESA Radar's modules only can receive, but modules can module an input signal to deflect radar beam. At the end, both radar have agile beam movements, but only AESA can distribute the modules' use regarding the situation (for example, 50% to AG stuff, 20% to search scan and 30% to track targets...). PESA radars only have a beam, yeah, only one, so is very similar to traditional mechanical scan doppler radars.

Things are worst for PESA radars. The beam have to pass through all modules to be moduled, so signal suffer significative loss of power in this process. So, at the end, PESA radars have worst ranges that equivalent mechanical scan Doppler radars.

Regards!

Thans Ama. :grin:

Mmmmh... I think it's been my fault now and the guy is actually meaning "electronic", next time I'll clean my ears before translating anything. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Not read through all the thread, sorry.

There is something that I find quite funny in all this stuff. F-15, F-16 and, needless to say, F-22 can beat Su-30Mk quite easily. That's because Su-30MK was underpowered for the exercise, Sukhoi-fanboys say (no offense meant, I'm also a Flanker-lover :P ). Then, why a couple of years ago, in the COPE exercise that was mentioned earlier, F-15s defeats were so loudly publicied by some Flanker-lovers? :P

Finally, without proper combat-tests (hope we do not see them in reality :( ), all is reduced to what propaganda we choose/like to believe :grin: