X-Plane 10

amalahama

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Una cosilla. ¿Se sabe si, como Austin Meyer prometió, la nueva versión va a tener IA al estilo del My Traffic para la saga FS? ¿Y los aeropuertos van a tener edificaciones por defecto, o si por el contrario va a ser como hasta ahora: las pistas de aterrizaje y poco más?

salu2

Una cosilla. ¿Se sabe si, como Austin Meyer prometió, la nueva versión va a tener IA al estilo del My Traffic para la saga FS? ¿Y los aeropuertos van a tener edificaciones por defecto, o si por el contrario va a ser como hasta ahora: las pistas de aterrizaje y poco más?

salu2

A lo primero, las mejoras en la IA está confirmado ya, pero no se sabe hasta qué nivel.

Sobre lo segundo casí seguro que sigue siendo como hasta ahora; para los edificios haría falta bases de datos de pago que la gente de LR no se pueden permitir. Lo que si puede ser es que se introduzcan como "estándard" algunos escenarios hechos ya por terceros, ya que el formato de escenario permanece inalterado.

Saludos!!

Guest jompar

Oye amalahama blum.gif, sabes de algún pluggin para pasar de 3dstudio a OBJ para el xplane?

Es que ayer estuve leyendo y decían que el formato 3ds sólo pasaba el 3d, además de las limitaciones que acarrea este formato. Supongo que el mapeado quedará intacto y la textura entrará por otro lado.

Ya me veo, depués de hacer el r30 hacer una versión tipo airhispania de los aeropuertos, es coser y cantar lol.gif, aunque bueno igual sería más sencillo convertir el airhispania.

Edited by jompar

El formato 3ds es el formato nativo del antigüo 3DStudio para DOS. Y es capaz de almacenar, mapeados, luces, camaras, etc. Otra cuestión es que el programa de traducción sea capaz de interpretar correctamente la base de datos del archivo 3ds y posteriormente traducirla e incluirla en el archivo de salida.

Oye amalahama blum.gif, sabes de algún pluggin para pasar de 3dstudio a OBJ para el xplane?

Es que ayer estuve leyendo y decían que el formato 3ds sólo pasaba el 3d, además de las limitaciones que acarrea este formato. Supongo que el mapeado quedará intacto y la textura entrará por otro lado.

Ya me veo, depués de hacer el r30 hacer una versión tipo airhispania de los aeropuertos, es coser y cantar lol.gif, aunque bueno igual sería más sencillo convertir el airhispania.

Que yo sepa solo hay plugins actualizados para Blender y AC3D. Japo creo que comentó una vez que hacia sus aviones en 3DS MAX y luego importaba a Blender, pero mejor pregúntale a él.

Saludos!!

• 4 weeks later...

Pa correrse :o :o

I have a write-up a mile long of all the features already done for X-Plane 10, but let's save all those details for later.

Other than a gajillion various flight-model and scenery over-hauls and a near-complete internal re-write to make the code more object-oriented and thus easier to modify and debug, let's look at the fundamental requirements I have laid out for my team for X-Plane 10, all of which are being developed now:

In a sentence, X-Plane 10 will have a plausible, scalable, dynamic world.

Here is what I mean:

Orthophotos are garbage. I see this all the time. I am zooming along in an airplane looking that rooftops of WalMarts painted flat onto the ground.

And the rooftops are blurry.

And pixelated.

And with a magenta or purple tint.

And with big blurry shears right through the middle of them when they fall between offset satellite passes.

It looks just terrible.

Then, to make the 2-dimensional, blurry, pixellated, mis-colored, distorted roof of a WalMart painted on the ground look even worse, if you throw in some REAL roads or auto-generated buildings, they invariably fall ACROSS the roof of the WalMart painted on the ground, compounding the wretched orthophoto with an Escher-like rendering-error.

This looks terrible, and is not even plausible.

Enter the plausible world for X-Plane 10.

We will build every city in X-Plane UP FROM THE FIRST BLADES OF GRASS.

Here is how it works: We will start off with grass or field textures for THE ENTIRE WORLD, INCLUDING THE CITIES, and then build up from THAT. We will take each individual parking lot and place it on top of the grass. We will place each building on the parking lot, in 3-D. At no point will the PAINTING of the ROOF of a building appear on the ground. This will NEVER happen. EVERY building will be a real 3-D building, planted by an algorithm in a location that is at least physically possible. Do we know where every building on earth is? Of course not. But, we DO have incredibly detailed road databases, and we have the algorithms to place parking lots, sidewalks, buildings, etc all alongside these countless roads. This means that our artificially-intelligent city-planning algorithm will build PLAUSIBLE cities. Cities where you would fly over them at 5 miles per hour, 10 feet above the ground, in a helicopter, and NEVER see anything that looks 'impossible'. Everything will be completely 3-D. Every city built from the first blade of grass. There will be no discoloration, blurriness, satellite mis-alignment or 2-D Escher-illusions… all of the cities will be completely plausible. If you turn down your rendering options to zero, then New York will be empty green fields. If you turn them up to max, then it will be a sea of 3-D roads and buildings at a level of detail that you could DRIVE in a driving sim, and Central Park will NOT be an overlay… it will simply be a part of the field that they have not put buildings on! This is the plausible world, and it is the first step towards a really detailed and convincing virtual reality.

As well, X-Plane 10 will be SCALABLE. While you will be able to taxi right down the roads, with plausible intersections at every crossing and only 3-D buildings off of either wing, you will be able to zoom out all the way to space and see the landmass from orbit. You will see the reflections and lighting of the land and sea from space, with smooth transitions all the way from space to sitting in someone's front yard, never with any sudden switch-over to a different rendering technology. Everything is done with level of detail that delivers smooth transitions from street-view to orbit, all in 3-D. The WEATHER system will be detailed enough that you will see cloud whisps right around your plane as you fly through clouds, but will go HUNDREDS of miles in every direction WITHOUT any repetition. This will let you have fronts and thunderstorms, areas that are VFR and IFR, clear and cloudy, all at once, depending on your location. If you want to fly like you would in reality, you will work through/over/under/around those thunderstorms and fronts getting from one place to another, since the weather is NOT homogenous or repetitive. It scales from local detail around your plane clear out to region-wide fronts and storms visible from orbit. Totally scalable across a tremendous range.

As well, the X-Plane 10 engine is DYNAMIC. I have now, for X-Plane 10, made it so that EACH FLIGHT MODEL RUNS ON IT'S OWN CPU. Here is what that means: If you have 20 processors, then you can run TWENTY AI PLANES WITH BASICALLY ZERO FRAME-RATE HIT. Crank the number of planes up to 20 in X-Plane 9 and watch what happens to the frame-rate. Try it now: Set the number of planes to 1 and look at the frame-rate. Then set it to 20 and look again. See the hit? That is because all of those flight models are running on ONE CPU, one after the other, in order. With X-Plane 10, each flight model can run on it's own CPU, all at the same time… if you have 20 CPU's, running 20 planes is no slower than running 1. Now, most of you don't have 20 CPU's, but if you have a quad-chip dual-core (per chip) Mac like I do, then that is EIGHT cores… and they can handle 20 flight models while hardly breaking a sweat… the frame-rate impact of 20 planes is small: We have eight cores splitting the work! As well, we have optimized the RAM-use of each airplane to be considerably lower. This means that there is less RAM impact to having 20 planes flying at once, making it much more feasible to have 20 planes at one time. So, X-Plane 10 will use less RAM, and give more frame-rate, than version 9 when loaded up with planes (all other settings being equal, of course). So why do I care about all these OTHER planes so much? Well, we have hired a full-time programmer JUST for the new ATC code for X-Plane 10. This new ATC will control ALL the planes in the sky, including yours, to deliver incredible ATC realism. Using pre-recorded WAV files, you will HEAR the controller giving instructions to the OTHER planes, and see them following those instructions on your TCAS and out the window. The other planes will all take-off, land, taxi, stop on the ramp, miss approaches and do touch-n-goes, all while taking commands from ATC, all of which are audible on your radio.

Of course, all of the other planes will use the same accuracy flight model as your plane, so you will see them move perfectly realistically across all phases of flight, from flying right down to taxiing. Put in a strong wind or turbulence and see how they handle it. It might not be pretty, but it WILL be realistic. Set enough wind and an icy runway, and they will all blow right across the ramp. Watch out.

So, THIS is the plausible, scalable, dynamic world that we are building for X-Plane 10, all of which sits on top of an object-oriented, RAM-optimized, CPU-optimized, multi-core-capable code-base. You will SEE these results as X-Plane 10 reveals incredible detail, motion, and accuracy at all scales … while the activity bars on ALL your CPU's run up into action.

NOW, if you only have ONE CPU and a LITTLE BIT of RAM, you will still be able to run version 10 just fine... in fact you may see it even run FASTER and with LESS RAM than Version 9! BUT, you will have only ONE airplane, and the cities will be simply grass fields, and the air traffic controller will have very few people to talk to. BUT, if you get the 4 gig of RAM to load up the rendering options, the 8 CPU cores to run 20 AI planes with full flight-model at once with minimal frame-rate hit, THEN you will start to see the whole world enrich and come alive. But there is no way that is happening with 2 GIG of ram and one CPU. This type of world is all about parallel-processing: A lot of stuff happening at once. No surprise it will eat up all the CPU's and RAM (up to 4 Gig) that you can give it.

If you want to see a few pictures, go here:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=47604

And click on the small pictures at the bottom to expand them to a nice big detail.

OK next order of business: We are now starting to see the big commercial add-on developers from MSFS switching over to X-Plane.

The most recent switchover is Carenado, with a really nice little Mooney.

See it here:

http://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/buscador.php3?id_producto=86

This plane has the detail in physical appearance that people are used to getting with the high-end planes for Microsoft, but now that it has been made for X-Plane, we continue the great visual detail, but now get it with the X-Plane flight-model… a HUGE step up. Any MSFS user that has ever flown a real airplane and then flies a nice add-on plane in MSFS, and then tries X-Plane to see the difference in flight-quality… well… any pilot gets it. The Mooney that Carenado is selling flies very nicely. It is a very nice plane for X-Plane, and the visual model and 3-D cockpit are of course great. We have recently hired someone to go convert ALL the MSFS add-on makers over to X-Plane, and the Carenado conversion is only the fist of many. Carenado already has their next 5 or 6 conversions from MSFS over to X-Plane planned. Look for some Pipers from them next.

Anyhoo, as X-Plane gets ready to ship around the end of this year, you will want 4 gig of RAM and 4 or 8 CPU's if you want to crank everything up to see all of this, and you can expect more and more high-quality planes to start moving over from MSFS o X-Plane.

austin

PS: OK here is a little video that is maybe kind of cheesy to self-promote, BUT it's for about the best cause I can think of and gives a tiny little peek into my office while I talk about dogs and cats in the pound, of all things. It has nothing at all to do with X-Plane, but if anyone wants to see what I look like, this gets the idea across. And if anyone wants to get a pet, I can remind you to get it from a pound, not a pet-store... the pet will be just as good or better!

http://projectssite.net/projectpet/video/

Saludos!!

Si pero no tiene vaquitas ni elefantes como el FSX... :xd:

No, en serio, lo que se lee y lo que se ve parece excepcional.

Por otro lado si Carenado se va a meter en este mundo, tal vez le sigan otros de los grandes. Entonces para vuelos VFR al menos será un concepto de simulador más amplio de lo que es ahora. Tiempo al tiempo.

Yo me he vuelto un poco escéptico con X-Plane. Desde que se anunció la v8 iba a ser la ******, y lo mismo con la v9, pero sinceramente ahora mismo a parte de un modelo de vuelo superior a los MSFS...

Todavía no he encontrado una aeronave de aviación general (no he probado la Mooney de Carenado aún) a la altura sin que trepe como un F15, que reaccione de forma realista al movimiento de los cuernos, bien conseguida gráficamente o que no metas flaps y de repente estés 1000 Ft más arriba (hay algunas que tienen alguna de estas caraterísticas pero ninguna las tiene todas), y de airliners y escenarios mejor ni hablamos. El AN-24RV parece que promete mucho, pero la verdad es que es el único, y volar aviones rusos como que no me motiva.

Mi conclusión es que me encanta el modelo de vuelo (el modelo, no las aeronaves, que no puede ser que un 747 se comporte como una Cessna) y es una delicia volar sin blurries ni stutters, pero por lo demás lo dicho, soy muy escéptico...

Edited by nOkEm

Yo me he vuelto un poco excéptico con X-Plane. Desde que se anunció la v8 iba a ser la ******, y lo mismo con la v9, pero sinceramente ahora mismo a parte de un modelo de vuelo superior a los MSFS...

Todavía no he encontrado una aeronave de aviación general (no he probado la Mooney de Carenado aún) a la altura sin que trepe como un F15, que reaccione de forma realista al movimiento de los cuernos, bien conseguida gráficamente o que no metas flaps y de repente estés 1000 Ft más arriba (hay algunas que tienen alguna de estas caraterísticas pero ninguna las tiene todas), y de airliners y escenarios mejor ni hablamos. El AN-24RV parece que promete mucho, pero la verdad es que es el único, y volar aviones rusos como que no me motiva.

Mi conclusión es que me encanta el modelo de vuelo (el modelo, no las aeronaves, que no puede ser que un 747 se comporte como una Cessna) y es una delicia volar sin blurries ni stutters, pero por lo demás lo dicho, soy muy excéptico...

Buenas

Antes de mostrarte "excéptico" te aconsejo que pruebes la demo de la v9. La 182 que viene de serie es bastante buena. Luego si quieres podemos decirte algunos pata negra porque por lo que veo, estás bastante mal informado

Saludos!

Yo me he vuelto un poco escéptico con X-Plane. Desde que se anunció la v8 iba a ser la ******, y lo mismo con la v9, pero sinceramente ahora mismo a parte de un modelo de vuelo superior a los MSFS...

Mi conclusión es que me encanta el modelo de vuelo (el modelo, no las aeronaves, que no puede ser que un 747 se comporte como una Cessna) y es una delicia volar sin blurries ni stutters, pero por lo demás lo dicho, soy muy escéptico...

Buenas

Antes de mostrarte "excéptico" te aconsejo que pruebes la demo de la v9. La 182 que viene de serie es bastante buena. Luego si quieres podemos decirte algunos pata negra porque por lo que veo, estás bastante mal informado

Saludos!

Me colé con la palabreja...

No necesito probar ninguna demo porque ya tengo la v9, lo que no se es donde está esa 182, porque a mi no me aparece. Y en cuanto a los addons pata negra te animo a que me informes, es más puedes omitir cualquier airliner con FMC y limitarte a una buena Cessna o Piper, con eso me conformo...

Buenas

Saludos!

No necesito probar ninguna demo porque ya tengo la v9, lo que no se es donde está esa 182, porque a mi no me aparece. Y en cuanto a los addons pata negra te animo a que me informes, es más puedes omitir cualquier airliner con FMC y limitarte a una buena Cessna o Piper, con eso me conformo...

Si no te aparece la 182 (sólo viene en la ed. especial americana) puedes probar la 172 que viene en los demás X-plane.

Si quieres más patas negras, vete arriba, donde pone "Foros Escuadrón 69 > Simulación Aérea > X-Plane", pulsa sobre "X-Plane", y revisa los posts que hay debajo de este...

Saludos!!

Buenas

Saludos!

Si no te aparece la 182 (sólo viene en la ed. especial americana) puedes probar la 172 que viene en los demás X-plane.

Si quieres más patas negras, vete arriba, donde pone "Foros Escuadrón 69 > Simulación Aérea > X-Plane", pulsa sobre "X-Plane", y revisa los posts que hay debajo de este...

Saludos!!

Pues no, no me aparece la 182 y ya he probado la 172, y si cuando dices Si quieres más patas negras estás incluyendo a la 172, en la que cualquier parecido con la realidad es pura coincidencia tendré que cntinuar siendo eSceptico con S.

Si quieres mantenerte escéptico o no es cosa tuya, a mi no me va a quitar el sueño desde luego. Te he dicho que si quieres ver addons buenos, este foro tiene una buena muestra de ellos, si quieres taparte los ojos y seguir gritando con los brazos al viento que X-plane no tiene addons de calidad me parece estupendo pero espero que no te molestes si te indicamos educadamente que en tus morros tienes un buen puñado de ellos.

Pero bueno como me pedias una avioneta, ya está disponible esta

Saludos!!

Hombre yo creo que como alguna grande como pmdg diese el salto o saliese un airbus bien hecho, todavía faltarían añadidos que a mí me parecen fundamentales como el Fspassengers. Os puede parecer una parida, pero para mí dota de un realismo a un vuelo de aerolínea que si no no se logra.

No lo se es incertidumbre, lo bueno es que hasta que se aclare todo podemos seguir disfrutando del fs2004 a pesar de los gráficos y blurries.

Al final todo será esperar a que vayan saltando los creadores de una plataforma a otra, tiempo al tiempo, todo esto lo digo refiriendome al tema de los airliners en general.

Edited by jompar

Si quieres mantenerte escéptico o no es cosa tuya, a mi no me va a quitar el sueño desde luego. Te he dicho que si quieres ver addons buenos, este foro tiene una buena muestra de ellos, si quieres taparte los ojos y seguir gritando con los brazos al viento que X-plane no tiene addons de calidad me parece estupendo pero espero que no te molestes si te indicamos educadamente que en tus morros tienes un buen puñado de ellos.

Pero bueno como me pedias una avioneta, ya está disponible esta

Saludos!!

No he sido yo el que me he molestado, perdona si me equivoco, pero más bien da o me da la impresión de que eres tu el que se ha molestado. No pretendo quitar el sueño a nadie, tu has abierto un post con opinión y yo he contestado con la MÍA, la cual mantengo. Ahora bien, si por no estar deacuerdo contigo consideras que me tapo los ojos y grito con los brazos al viento no tiene mucho sentido continuar está conversación, asi que puedes seguir durmiendo tranquilo, aunque eso sí, tenía la equivocada idea de que un foro se trataba de eso, de intercambiar diferentes opiniones amistósamente sin tener que tomarse una opinión diferente como, y perdona de nuevo si me equivoco, algo personal, asi que lo dicho, con tu permiso voy a volver a ponerme la venda en los ojos.

Y por cierto, si hubieras leído con un poco de atención mi post hubieras visto que ya conozco la existencia de la Mooney de Carenado y que reconozco no haberla probado aún.

Y se van todos a tomar la merienda che!

que esto es para que tengamos al alcance las supuestas novedades de Xplane.

Al que le gusten , bravo y al que no, pues si va a tirar a abajo la ilución de otros, mejor que se guarde los comentarios.

Vamos gente, que deberíamos de buscar el mejor simulador y no pelear por la marca...

Saludos y no soy moderador pero.... SE ACABO ACA <_<

Y se tragan el video! :grin: