Noticias de Fighter Ops (Ene 2013)

danipelos

No, no estoy troleando:

Developer update 2013

Hey guys, Happy New Year!

As I contemplate the year that has gone and the year that is to come, it is natural to look back at the journey this project has taken. It's hard to believe sometimes how long it has been, a fact I am sure most of you are also aware of and we are reminded of constantly :-).

Sometimes it's natural to wonder if, had I known how long and difficult this journey was going to be from the outset, if I would have undertaken such a venture, I'd have to say yes though, as the reasons this project was started are, if anything, even more true today than they were back then. The high fidelity military flight simulation market is still just as abandoned and the prospect of any company or group taking up such a challenge in a conventional, commercial endeavor, which was close to zero when we started this, have plummeted further.

The support we have received from the community has certainly kept us focused, among a small number of very vocal nay-sayers and bashers, we have found a very level-headed and dedicated majority who may not be as vocal, but certainly make up for that in passion for the genre. I have been extremely blessed to have worked along side a large number of extremely dedicated and talented individuals who have toiled day after day on this project, despite ridicule from the aforementioned individuals who seem hell bent on destroying this genre. We have been unfortunate to lose individuals along the way, some who did not work out from the beginning, but some who made significant contributions and could not complete the journey due to a variety of reasons. The good news is that almost all of the significant contributors have remained in touch and very positive, most indicating a desire to return to the project as soon as external issues which forced them away are resolved and they are able to re-dedicate time to the project.

Obviously we would have loved to have completed the first release of this simulation by now, as is the case with any software company, development of new software from the ground up is almost impossible to predict, we've seen this time and again with the biggest names in the industry, working with full time development teams. Unfortunately we are forced to deal with a very loose environment as this is simply the only viable way we can produce a simulation of this nature, having said that though, what we have achieved to date is simply outstanding, and well beyond what any of the detractors believed we would achieve. The fact that the team has stayed the course and is still moving forward is a very significant achievement in itself when we have seen many other projects both commercial and amateur fall away. Fighter Ops has already made a major impact in the Flight Simulation landscape, with a number of developers going to extraordinary lengths to gain access into our development plans and ideas with many of those ideas and concepts cropping up in a number of released and un-released programs. I certainly am very happy to see this, I've never been about "smashing the opposition" which seems to be the mindset of many of the developers, I do not see them as competitors or opposition and am very happy to see more choice in this genre which I hope will raise the profile of this community and bring new blood in.

2012 was a particular challenging year for us, however moving into 2013 we have momentum rebuilding and we look forward extremely positively. As I write this, the final touches are being put to a new build which will represent the complete engine. This is an extremely significant step as it releases a bottleneck which was causing much frustration particularly among junior members of the team, I had put a hold on development of certain areas of the project due to this situation and this release will allow me to re-activate those departments which will allow us to increase pace and resume delivery of more visual updates, which I am sure all will appreciate.

So Happy New Year to all, I hope everyone has a positive outlook on 2013 and many thanks again to the community who have supported us.

Julian "Buckshot" Leonard

XSI Executive

http://www.fighterops.com/forum/showthread.php?10552-Developer-update-2013

El que trolea es el propio Buckshot con perlas como:

...what we have achieved to date is simply outstanding, and well beyond what any of the detractors believed we would achieve.

:niorisa:

The high fidelity military flight simulation market is still just as abandoned and the prospect of any company or group taking up such a challenge in a conventional, commercial endeavor, which was close to zero when we started this, have plummeted further.

¿No le parece suficientemente bueno el DCS: World? :icon_mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

The high fidelity military flight simulation market is still just as abandoned and the prospect of any company or group taking up such a challenge in a conventional, commercial endeavor, which was close to zero when we started this, have plummeted further.

:blink: El propio DCS que va a su ritmo pero evoluciona, BMS sigue recibiendo updates, el "reciente" TACPACK y seguro que me he dejado algo...

¿que me he perdido?

EDIT: Vale, voy viendo por donde van los tiros.

He trasteado 2 min. por su pagina web. mas que suficiente. Tienen imagenes a patadas del 2005 al 2007 luego decae de mala manera y a partir del 2011 nunca mas se supo... de todas formas, 2005-2013 ¿no es demasiado tiempo para desarrollar algo como para que no tenga ya el sim en BETA minimo? eso le da cierto tufillo.

Edited by Angel101

:blink: El propio DCS que va a su ritmo pero evoluciona, BMS sigue recibiendo updates, el "reciente" TACPACK y seguro que me he dejado algo...

¿que me he perdido?

EDIT: Vale, voy viendo por donde van los tiros.

He trasteado 2 min. por su pagina web. mas que suficiente. Tienen imagenes a patadas del 2005 al 2007 luego decae de mala manera y a partir del 2011 nunca mas se supo... de todas formas, 2005-2013 ¿no es demasiado tiempo para desarrollar algo como para que no tenga ya el sim en BETA minimo? eso le da cierto tufillo.

Me refiero a que el pollo dice que cuando empezaron no había apenas ningún simulador militar de alta fidelidad comercial decente, y que durante el "desarrollo" de Fighter Ops (nótese la ironía) el prospecto de tener alguno ha caído en picado. Si obviamos BMS por no ser comercial, deduzco que:

a) este tío lleva viviendo en una cueva bastantes años y no conoce el Ka-50, el A-10C y el P-51, y las enormes posibilidades que puede ofrecer el DCS:World. Si ese tiempo lo hubiera dedicado a picar código otro gallo les hubiera cantado, lo que me lleva a:

B) es un cínico y un jetas de mucho cuidado, que está tratando a sus posibles clientes de gilipollas.

No creo que haga falta una encuesta para decidir la opción :icon_mrgreen:

Te lo resumo Galahad:

Este tío lleva viviendo en una cueva bastantes años porque después de ser un jeta y un sinvergüenza, posiblemente aquellos pobres incautos que pagaron por el Área 51 lo estén buscando para dejarlo que ande con los muñones.

Ains Ángel, mira que no conocer a este sujeto y su maravilloso simulador... :smackbum:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...