LotATC para DCS

Silver_Dragon

Recupero el tema devido a las ultimas noticias aparecidas....

El creador del antiguo Lomac ATC ha reaparecido con una nueva versión llamada provisionalmente DCSATC, este sera un addon de pago y esta siendo creado como un addon para DCS desde cero

LotATC gives to FC2 an ATC/CGI experience...

Here old posts and screenshots of FC2:
After some testing, I can now announce officially that I am currently writing from scratch its successor for DCS ( current codename: DCSATC, but not the definitive name)
No download yet, but I hope something before the end of the year.
Compared to LotATC, the DCS version will gives additional features:
no export needed
server will be a module of DCS World (configuration into DCS)
client will be a standalone (no need of DCS World)
integration of external maps (google/openstreetmap...)
internal chat between controllers AND with pilots in DCS
ATC with ILS
and others...
This list is not exhaustive but gives some axis of my development. (not will be available in first version too )
Thanks again for the support of ED in my development as 3rd-party developer.
LotATC for DCS is actually as an earlier development stage but I will give news regularly.
As this development need time and money for development server, this mods will be paying (more information of what will be paying and how in few weeks, it is currently under study).

Here a screenshot that show:

- external maps display (the simple grey/blue LotATC one is also available)
- the first planes displayed from LotATC server connected with DCS World live (validation of the total process)
So the first important step has been completed!
Capture.JPG
No it will NOT improve AI.
It will just let human controllers to help human pilots with a realistic view of the AWACS + radar tower of their coalition (one view for each coalition).
In our squad, this tool replace AI tower + AI Awacs by a real human

Update on the project:

Server:
DCS Unit management: retrieve all datas from DCS (detection/threat range)
Detection filter for speed and radar coverage. The radar coverage is the sum of all units with detection range like SAM/AWACS for each coalition
Client authentication (password/name/coalition)
Client:
Big update on the map: very precise, GPS coordinates management (MGRS/UTM is coming).
Can add your own map very easily (with same precision)
Ready for other place in the world like Nevada by managing all coords with longitude/latitude
Display of detection/threat range for units
Display of unit data
Measure line (distance/heading)
Authentication with server
Project:
Beta test is on the way (first test version for them next week)
From now, only 64bits version of DCS will be supported. If there is a lot of people who ask for 32bits, it could be possible but it is not my priority from now...
LotAtc is on the way, I hope to deliver a first version around march/april, depending of beta test
After that first version, lot of features will coming like datalink management, chat with pilots, airport display... and more...
I will post some screenshots of the client in few days...

• 2 months later...
Release de LocATC para la proxima semana:

Hello,

We are pleased to announce the release of LotAtc 4 DCS for next week (one more week!).
LotAtc 4 DCS is an air traffic control software for DCS World (multiplayer), made by DArt.
It is composed of a server which is a (free) third party module for DCS, and of a client that is a (payware) stand-alone application.
This new generation of software has been completely reinvented: the (working!) principles have been preserved or improved, but the code is 100% brand new, which is a big job!
The price of the client license is 20 € (*), and the purchase may be made by PayPal.
(*) For individuals or non-profit organizations..
LotAtc 4 DCS official wiki is itself open to the public as of today. This wiki is the documentation center for LotAtc 4 DCS.
You can now read the guides & manuals made for LotAtc 4 DCS; be aware that documentation work will continue and will be expanded in parallel of the software developments.
The software? What about it? Well, LotAtc 4 DCS will be available (initially) as a public beta:
May 14, 2013: release of the first public beta, this will be version 0.8.0.
A second beta with more features (version 0.9.0) will follow a few weeks later.
Then will come the version 1.0.0, the first full version to allow you to guide pilots for operational tasks (GCI/AWACS, Air Defense).
And the adventure does not stop there: Additional features, including the Air Traffic part will be launched later ...
You will find details of the present and future features on the LotAtc Features page of the official wiki.
Non-listed to date additions are not to be excluded, especially after v1.0.0!
Feel free to browse the wiki while DArt and the test team iron the last detected bugs/issues and polish the release candidates.
The LotAtc 4 DCS forums also are open to any comments, questions, messages about this development.
Happy reading and see you next week!
DArt & The LotAtc team
signature.png

• 2 weeks later...

LotAtc 4 DCS release! (public beta)

Hi,
We are (very) pleased to announce the release of LotAtc 4 DCS as a public beta (version 0.8.0) !
LotAtc 4 DCS is a software that allows you to simulate the role of an air traffic controller (namely, first, an Air Defense controller). LotAtc shows the tactical situation (aircraft, SAMs, boats) on a "radar screen" with a map background. As a virtual controller, you will be able to guide human virtual pilots in DCS World multiplayer missions, by radioing them (through your regular voice software such as Teamspeak, Mumble ... etc), whether to make them find their way and/or their leader, set up to your fighters to intercept bandits, or press the muds to hide or take shelter given what happens in front of them.

An example of a (simple) tactical situation, as displayed into LotAtc 4 DCS:

lotatc_inter.jpg
An ennemy bogey (pictured in red) is bound towards Sochi AB from the west, flying at high altitude (10,600m).

Two MiG-29As acting as GAI (Ground Alert Intercept), callsigns Guardian 51 and Guardian 52, were just scrambled from runway 24 to intercept the boguey. As they are friendly aircraft, they appear in white. Let's help them to find it: the MiG is kind of shortsighted, isn't it?
wink.gif
The leader MiG is already established on an interception course on the controller order, and is climbing through 2,700m.

The wingman has just taken off and appears on the radar screen. The controller then draws a bearing/distance calculation line with his mouse (yellow line + legend) to communicate to the second pilot the necessary elements to reach its target: "Guardian 52, Bandit strength 1, BRAA 300° 60km, 10,000m, Hot."

LotAtc 4 DCS is a dual software, composed of:

• A server, which is a free module for DCS World (it works on DCS World 64-bit only, and is only available to the host of a multiplayer flight)
  • A client, which is a paid standalone application (available in 32- and 64-bit versions; it does not require DCS World to be installed on the computer)

This first version "0.8.0" is a public beta:

• All features are not yet available. For the record, the roadmap of upcoming features is available on the LotAtc Features page of our official Wiki.
  • You are also likely to encounter a larger population of bugs than is usual within 'final' softwares. Rest assured that our bugs are considerably nicer (and cuter) than those from other softwares (just kidding) (seriously: they may bite, too). Nevertheless we believe that LotAtc is now sufficiently complete to enable an actual - and fun - use!

Since this is a beta, do not hesitate (really!) to challenge the developer with your questions, comments, desires or potential problems ... To do this, the Forums are available. You may write in English or in French, there. Do not forget to check out the Documentation of the software, available online as a Wiki (in English only for now).
Links:

• Download page for the server and the client.
  • Purchase page (for the client). The price of the licence is 20€ (if you're an individual or a non-profit organization); the licence is valid for one computer.

Last but not least: We are pleased to confirm that a 'demo' version of the client software will be released soon to allow you to discover LotAtc 4 DCS. This - free - demo version is likely to contain limited features and/or a restricted play time; it's aimed to allow you to make your own idea about LotAtc before deciding (or not) to make a purchase.
Until today, the team has focused on the present release of the first beta "0.8.0". Thus, the demo will be available at a later date, probably around the time when the second beta "0.9.0" will be ready. If you want to try LotAtc 4 DCS before buying it, stay tuned we'll tell you more about the 'demo' soon ... wink.png
Thanks to all the members of the community who show support to the project. We hope (and sincerely believe) that you'll enjoy LotAtc 4 DCS for long hours of quality time with fellow simulation enthusiasts. Enjoy! smile.png
DArt & the LotAtc team.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1757722#post1757722

Un saludo.

Señeres he visto el video y todo eso se pude hacer con el combined arms. No se cuanto costara la aplicación, pero la idea esta muy bien, solo que no le veo mucha utilidad ahora mismo teniendo las mismas características del CA. Quizas despues lo enfocan mas a un Awacs pura raza.

Bueno, la ventaja es que no necesitas abrir el DCS:world, lo ejecutas en su propia ventana y creo que viendo el UI tiene que funcionar hasta en portatiles medios.

Por otro lado los contactos aparecen segun los radares que haya en la zona, cosa que en el CA el rango depende mucho de con que opciones hayas salvado la mision.

¿nadie se anima a pillarlo?

Jelouuuuuu, gents

A ver: este LotATC, bajo mi humilde opinion, viene bastante descafeinado con respecto a lo que yo conocí (LotATC2) y que era freeware (además)

Según he leido en el enlace donde describe las características:

Future

Server

• TARS integration (if possible) --> estaría muy bien

Client:

• Airport mode with ILS approachs and complete taxiways, allowing controllers to fulfill the APP/DEP, TWR and GND roles --> Esto lo traía el LotATC2 y gratis

Lo que trae como consecuencia, al menos para mi, es la pérdida de una parte muy bonita y entretenida del rol ATC: la gestión de los tráficos en llegadas y salidas (y que tanto se está intentando implementar y unificar en las diferentes alas)

Nada nuevo ni espectacular por el momento. Un software que ya conocía, pero bastante mas limitado en funciones (por ahora) que la versión 2 para LOMAC y que, encima, es de pago cuando antes funcionaba muy bien, con todas las características y GRATIS. De hecho, fuí colaborador de ellos para la traducción al castellano de todas las versiones del LOTATC hasta que apareció DCS y se fue todo al garete.

SAFJA: llevas razón: de momento paso de el. Aunque 20 leuros no es una cantidad desorbitada, creo que no es justo pagar ese importe por un producto incompleto que, en su versión gratuita, si estaba al completo. Si mas adelante d'Art lo mejora e implementa el resto de funciones, no deacartaría pillarlo (y sabéis que esto del ATC............ ¡me gusta, coño!). Obviamente tiene que estar muy bien acabado para eso y que en el ala se le diera uso, porque ya me cuentas que hace un ATC controlando moscas :risa-3:

Lo dicho: seguiré a la espera a ver que hace este señor y si mola el resultado final, os daré la murga ahí arriba

Salu2 y cuidado con los peces espada si os eyectáis en el mar

• 5 months later...
Version 0.9.0
forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116835

A major evolution
LotAtc 4 DCS 0.8.0 was released six months ago on May 2013, the 14th. Since that time, two bug fix minor versions were achieved.
During this time, I keep working on the next step, according to the Features. After one month of stabilisation, it is now ready.
I am very happy to announce the release of the 0.9.0 version, the Public Beta 2 of LotAtc 4 DCS.
This is not a simple update but a major evolution for gaming experience. LotAtc 4 DCS is now even more realistic with relief masking, spherical radar management (with blind areas), but also contacts management (you can change contact's symbol or name and they are all synchronised with others coalition controllers).
In Realistic mode, it becomes harder to follow bandits in mountains in low altitude, as in real life...
0.9.0_b3_1_C6.jpg
The 0.9.0 development has been focused on radar simulation engine and then LotAtc 4 DCS provides three levels of realism:
Arcade: you see everything. You can learn with this mode or show a game to spectators, no masking!
Basic: relief masking is applied but radars are spherical without blind areas and contacts are automatically classified.
Realistic: same than basic but with blind areas simulation and no automatic classification.
Realistic_Profile.jpg
See Detection profiles for more information about profiles and Documentation for a full documentation on server and client.
On client side, you can choose colours for allied/enemies, map, symbols set, speed vector mode (based on speed or time) and the displayed language! A new map is available with relief display!
Demo mode
You want to try LotAtc 4 DCS before buy a licence?
Download the LotAtc client and launch it without a license key. You can play it without any restrictions during 10 minutes on any LotAtc server. Limitations are:
10 minutes until disconnection
Only one connection by LotAtc DCS session (to be able to reconnect, you must relaunch a mission on the DCS host)
No deadline or feature lock, try it!
Future?
Next release will be the 0.9.X with bug fix if any and new features like an internal chat system in order to communicate with other controllers or pilots in DCS.
In parallel, 1.0.0 will be focused on ATC control, tower approach for airports and aircraft carriers:
Detailed display of airports, taxiways and runaways
Approach management
ILS slope and glide
Radio management with TARS
Drawing on map and sharing option
And of course, lots of improvements! See Features
Download
All licence keys are still usable for 0.9.X and the following 1.X versions!
Download
Thanks
Azrayen for the test management and the wonderful Documentation
Beta-testers that do a wonderful job
Translators
My squad, the 3rd-wing
Changelog
Add ability to set max number of characters for %(name)
Map with terrain data
New variable %(posit_bulls) for aircraft labels
Radar must be managed with sphere (not cylinder)
Manage real enveloppe from lua
block name must be case insensitive
Set vector speed time more customisable
Speed vector computation
After disconnection DCS Server, cannot use LotAtc on new mission
Speed vector in zoom independant mode
Display current detection profile on client
Weather display
Speed Vector should be detached from the symbol
%(name) is not replaced by TN# in the properties for an enemy aircraft
Shift + Left Clic moves map
Time not displayed (non default date)
Ship badly managed
Allow rotation in inverted direction for labels
Add the type of the unit to the properties window
Transient Labels (type only) for ground and sea-based units
New default values for labels

Bueno, bueno, bueno.

El señor d'Art se ha puesto las pilas y parece que va a publicar un producto (aparentemente) bien acabado.

La pregunta del millón: La licencia del server es gratuita, pero la del cliente -como todo en DCS- es del tipo pay per view. ¿Quien se gasta los leuros para luego comerse el cliente con papas y controlar moscas?

Aunque hubo un momento que pareció tomarse en serio y que se iba a implementar en las misiones, siempre he tenido la sensación de que el tema ATC ha estado "en segundo plano" y no hay ganas de que sea un aliciente mas en las movidas para matar malos malosos. Quizá por lo latoso de tener que comunicar con un periquito que me va a dar la brasa, quizá porque ya es bastante coñazo estar pendiente de las conversaciones, sistemas, de lo que hay ahí fuera...... para que, encima, otro pavo me agobie con instrucciones raras o porque los procedimientos de salir cagando leches son mas cómodos y volver por donde me rote, que es tarde y la parienta me va a dejar en paro biológico una larga temporada. Así es como yo lo viví y, la verdad, desanima bastante. Muchos compañeros se interesaron por este tema e intentamos sacarlo adelante, pero al final no cuajó. Una pena.

A mi me encantaría poner algo de orden a los pilotos de este ala mientras están ahí arriba, pero lo que tengo claro es que no me voy a gastar 20 lereles para que se mueran de asco en mi PC.

De todos modos, a este LOTATC le queda bastante para estar terminado y que vaya fino. Ya veremos comno acaba

Gracias por la info, Silver.

Salu2 y cuidado con los peces espada si os eyectáis en el mar

Predikeitor yo he volado algunas misiones con ATC y es una pasada, lo malo es que de normal nadie quiere hacer de ATC y eso con lleva que no se añadan en las misiones, por mi parte en el ala BS, si alguien le interesa las misiones oficiales puedo añadir el puesto de ATC, se puede añadir en todas las misiones, pero se necesita a gente que le guste el rol, saludos.

Predikeitor yo he volado algunas misiones con ATC y es una pasada, lo malo es que de normal nadie quiere hacer de ATC y eso con lleva que no se añadan en las misiones, por mi parte en el ala BS, si alguien le interesa las misiones oficiales puedo añadir el puesto de ATC, se puede añadir en todas las misiones, pero se necesita a gente que le guste el rol, saludos.

Pues cuando nos hemos llegado a juntar 14... habria matado por tener a alguien ordenando ese kaos.

Pues entonces, blanco y en botella. Por mi no hay inconveniente. Ya es sabido por estos lares que ese rol me gusta mucho. La cuestión es ponerlo en marcha de un modo mas "serio".

Que el personal interesado se pronuncie al respecto y si hay quorum, se lo pido a SS.MM. los Reyes Majos

Me llaman pa cenar. Sed malos

Predi, si funciona y te animas para las misiones, aparte de ATC / AWACS, te puedo enviar previamente un guion de cada mision para que tambien hagas de comandante de mision / JSTARS, ya que actualmente eso lo hacemos mediante triggers... asi mientras estamos lejos tambien te distraes un poco y me ahorras cierto curro....

Predi, si funciona y te animas para las misiones, aparte de ATC / AWACS, te puedo enviar previamente un guion de cada mision para que tambien hagas de comandante de mision / JSTARS, ya que actualmente eso lo hacemos mediante triggers... asi mientras estamos lejos tambien te distraes un poco y me ahorras cierto curro....

A ver: Llevo bastante tiempo fuera de este simulador y estoy bastante oxidado y desfasado con la información que manejáis. ¿Hablas de un JSTARS facilitando información de los movimientos en tierra para control de los ataques A/G?

Si te veo en el TS, asomo y me cuentas

Salu2