DCS: FW-190D-9

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Si lo tengo que explicar pierde toda la gracia...

Es el marco inferior del parabrisas que al no existir el modelado de la refracción de la luz, te acaba tapando la mitad del punto de mira. No es que sea una barra, pero en los foros en ingles lo llamaban así desde el 2001 con el IL2.

De Yo-Yo, con el asesoramiento del ex-piloto de la Luftwafe Erich Brunotte

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=128072

Some time ago I posted a preliminary report how Dora flies in DCS. It had been written just after a week of test flights. In July I was very glad to spend a lot of time with Erich Brunotte. He is a former Luftwaffe pilot, he flew Ju-52, Bf-109s, FW-190A and Dora as well.

His feedback about Dora FM was really priceless. Moreover, thanks to Erich, now we have a unique document - 190-D9 Pilots Manual that was not available before and is a very useful addition to our sources.

So, we are very grateful for Erich's assistance because it gave us not only an opportunity to tweak Dora but find an old deeply hidden bug...

I will try to add our educational video with some hints taken from this manual and Erich's practice.

Takeoff.
The TO in the video is a little bit gentle... 3250 rpm can be set just from the start of TO roll, release brakes, do not let the plane to yaw applying rudder, stick to the centre. Va = 170-180 kph IAS. (In the game it is 180-190, but I am sure the IAS gauge has errors at low IAS and we still have no correction graph for it. Anyway, the TO roll distance corresponds the value from the manual - 350-400 m)
Dora takes off by herself from three points or tail-heavy attitude.

Gear up at 250 kph, then retract flaps. The best climbing speed is 280-290 kph. TO power in emergency is permitted not more than 30 minuts.

Currently in DCS the rudder is balanced for cruise at 2200-2400 rpm, though the required rudder input is small for the higher power ratings and corresponding speeds.

Landing. Gear down at IAS not more than 300 kph, flaps down at 220-300 kph, IAS at final 220 kph, touchdown at 170. I wrote that in DCS all my attempts performing 2-point landings was not lucky... not only in DCS - real Dora landed ONLY IN THREE-POINT ATTITUDE.

In reality, the flaps can be deployed at IAS exceeding 300 kph without any damage. Erich said that they got planes but they did not get manuals - they were not printed in time or delivered - so they all were test pilots for themselves finding the plane limits.

Pues si tiene la barra, pero al menos parece algo mas... decente que en otras ocasiones. A ver si lo pruebo en combate. De todos modos como esta mira es distinta igual no se nota tanto. Pero el caso es que tiene ese marco ahí plantado en medio.

Supongo que depende de donde pongas la cabeza (con el trackir) la veras mas o menos. No deberia ser un elemento que interfiera en el visor de punteria.

Quien lo pruebe primero que cuente.