DCS: WW2 Europe 1944

Silver_Dragon

RRG Studios anuncia su proyecto: DCS WWII: Europe 1944

RRG Studios announces an upcoming Kickstarter campaign for DCS WWII: Europe 1944, a start of an exciting new flight simulation series.

MOSCOW, Russia – September 1, 2013 - Legendary flight simulation designers Ilya Shevchenko, Igor Tishin, and Matt Wagner are excited to announce an upcoming Kickstarter campaign for a new WWII flight simulation being developed for the PC. DCS WWII: Europe 1944 is the start of an exciting new flight simulation series. Built by industry veterans at RRG Studios with the same approach that made famous flight sims of the past great, and in partnership with the experts at the Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics, the simulation aims to satisfy seasoned aces as well as attract new pilots to the genre.
DCS WWII: Europe 1944 will take the player to the skies over Western Europe at the height of WWII in 1944. Players will attack enemy ground vehicles in the famous P-47 Thunderbolt in the Battle of Falaise, or intercept waves of B-17 Flying Fortresses in their Messerschmitt Bf.109; or attempt to fend off incredible new Me.262 jet fighters in their suddenly slow and obsolete propeller-driven Spitfires.
With successful Kickstarter funding of stretch goals, the project will include more famous historical aircraft, such as the Lockheed P-38, de Havilland Mosquito, Messerschmitt Me.262, and even a flyable version of the Boeing B-17.
The simulation is based on the award-winning DCS engine used in such stellar products as DCS: P-51D Mustang and DCS: A-10C Warthog. DCS WWII: Europe 1944 will boast an all-new EDGE landscape engine, as well as many new and updated features.
As all simulations in the DCS line, DCS WWII titles will boast detailed recreations of famous WWII aircraft and meticulous modeling of individual aircraft systems. Combat missions over a huge game world painstakingly recreated from period maps will offer rich single-player experience recreating famous battles from both sides.
DCS WWII will also ship with advanced AI that recreates historical tactics and models pilots of varying skill levels, from bumbling rookies to merciless aces. Other features such as the dynamic weather and seasons, comprehensive training, robust multiplayer , a powerful mission and campaign editor, as well as a mission replay system, pilot log book, and other features will all add up to incredible player experience.
“With unparalleled attention to detail, our developers have decades of experience with aerial combat simulations,” said Ilya Shevchenko of RRG Studios. “We are famous for our ability to make our games fun while maintaining unwavering dedication to historical realism. We can do it because the relatively simple aircraft of the WWII era do not require extensive training, and nimble controls and simple weapons naturally lead to fast-paced close-quarters battles.“
“We want to open a new page in WWII combat simulations,” said Matt Wagner of Eagle Dynamics. “At the same time we strive to recapture everything that made the flight simulations of the past great, starting with a thick spiral-bound manual and comprehensive training, and ending with great free-for-all multiplayer. We want to keep creating the content that we enjoy creating and that our fans enjoy playing for years to come.”
The team intends for DCS WWII: Europe 1944 to act as the forerunner of a long-running DCS WWII simulation series covering all theaters of WWII, and expanding into other nearby conflicts, such as the Korean War.
In addition to industry-leading attention to detail, incredible graphics, unparalleled flight dynamics, and award-winning multiplayer, DCS WWII: Europe 1944 will also shop with an innovative distribution model. As the last major release in the DCS line, DCS World, DCS WWII will also be distributed via a free-to-play model. The full-featured core game will be available as a free download, allowing anyone to check out the game and its features. Additional modules containing new aircraft or new gameplay areas will be available as a separate purchase.
The free-to-play model allows a wider audience access the core game by, in essence, offering a free demo that allows anyone to try the game before they buy it. At the same time, the model accurately reflects immense development costs attached to historically accurate study sims.
The Kickstarter campaign for the title will launch on September 5th.
About RRG Studios
RRG Studios brings over 10 years of experience with WWII flight simulations to the table. Staffed with flight sim veterans that worked on the greatest WWII flight sim series of the 21st century, we literally wrote the book on the new generation of flight sims.
About Eagle Dynamics
Eagle Dynamics is the studio responsible for the biggest modern aviation sims of the past twenty years. In-house experts have industry-best experience with physics, avionics, ballistics, and all other components that go into making a successful flight simulation. Eagle Dynamics continues to redefine the genre and continuously sets the bar high with each new release.
About the Fighter Collection
The Fighter Collection is the company that manages Eagle Dynamics. It is based in Cambridge, England, and it operates Europe’s largest fleet of airworthy WWII aircraft. The Fighter Collection runs the annual Flying Legends airshow, giving us unprecedented access to the aircraft we simulate.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RRG no tiene que ver con el servidor dedicado. Ellos usan el motor común, su trabajo se centrará en el teatro (con EDGE), objetos IA, los addons (a ver que nos cuentan el dia cinco), y alguna cosa mas. El resto del trabajo como el servidor dedicado y las mejoras de EDGE sigue siendo trabajo de ED. En este se integrará el P-51D y el Fw-190D-9 de este ultimo (y si algun dia llega Kinney y realiza su "proyecto" de addons para la WW2)

Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Re-read it.
DCS World is the core for all the DCS modules at the current moment. DCS: WWII will be another standalone core with the WWII modules and terrain. However, the content for both could be ported to each one like Luthier said. You could bring a B-17 over to DCSW or put an A-10 into DCSWWII if you so wished.
Correct

Originally Posted by -=MadCat=- View Post
So all the high detailed additions to DCS:WWII will still be available to plug into DCS:W if one so desires.
Sounds great, as I shortly wondered if the Dora might be the last WWII addition we see to DCS:W.
Great times lie ahead
Greetings
MadCat
Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobek View Post
So what will then actually be the difference between WWII and World?
Time period. We figured it'd be a little weird to have A-10C strafing Panzers over Calais, or B-17s bombing modern-day Crimea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmater View Post
Yeah I thought the whole idea of world was to have one platform, that continually builds upon itself. Worlds not that old and already its being cut into parts and pieces.
Hopefully, AI advances and graphic advances are shared. Again the pure benefit of a single platform is the common advancement of all things connected to it.
It is a shared platform. There really isn't two separate branches of it from a development point of view, just end-user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRed View Post
cant wait for the kickstarter video...does a ETA already exist?
September 5th. We have a whole series of videos, interviews, etc.

Originally Posted by SmokeyTheLung View Post
Can't wait for more info on the initial WWII terrain. One big map? Or a bunch of mid sized maps? Either way, awesome!
We'll see how well we do with kickstarter. Core game will have one large Normandy terrain. If we hit stretch goals, we'll have more maps.
Quote:
Orig

inally Posted by cichlidfan View Post

I would imagine that will depend on the success of the Kickstarter.
Right. Less than a year from now, or a bit more time if we hit stretch goals.

Originally Posted by Double_D View Post

One question I think this might be sort of important..will we be allowed to place runways and camps into the mission editor..of our choice..meaning place remote airfields..and so on..let's say in my case allow to insert a " Ramitelli " airbase in Italy...just wondering...
-------------
We're not planning any changes to the mission editor for DCS WWII specifically.
Quote: Originally Posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
Other question. That product wil have a "free" base with DCS: World or need paid for them with the new theater?
-----------------
The free base for DCS WWII will contain several flyable aircraft. The exact set depends on whether we hit Kickstarter stretch goals.

Originally Posted by heinkill View Post
1. Is the kickstarter funding needed to fund the basic game, or just the extended content?
-----------------------------
We can probably finish the basic game without the kickstarter, but it'll be a little less of everything, especially on the ground.
Basic kickstarter funding we're looking for will allow us to comfortably do everything we wish to do and have all the time that we need, which is the luxury I personally have never had in my entire career.

2. What will be included in the free to pay version, versus the paid content?
-------------
Depends on stretch goals. We'll have the complete list published on the 5th.

3. The emphasis on online play is clear, and the AI ambition also sounds encouraging, will the game feature the usual high quality DCS campaign style and structure? Will there be a campaign for each aircraft, or one campaign in which the user can fly multiple aircraft types?
----------------------
There is no emphasis on online play! I myself am actually a primarily offline player. We are definitely planning extensive single-player with comprehensive, historical campaigns. There will be at least one campaign for each flyable aircraft in all stretch goals.

4. The aircraft listed are the flyable aircraft?
----------------
The B-17 and Me.262 are not flyable in the basic version.

5. Are there any non flyable AI only aircraft planned alongside these?
--------------
Yup.

6. Usual questions about the flyable bombers - will the crew positions be mannable, will players be able to play a coop mission where they man different crew stations on the same aircraft?
-----------------------
Flyable bombers only show up in stretch goals. We are planning everything you're asking for.

7. I know you would be very wary of setting a target date, but as this sim builds on the existing DCS World platform, it can't be five years into the future...any hints on a target release date?
-------------------
Less than a year for the core game; a little more if we hit stretch goals.

8. Do people who contribute to the kickstarter funding get any considerations regarding premium status eg early access to beta, access to special content, special status online etc
-------------------------
Yes, yes, and yes. Depending on your contribution level you may even directly contribute to in-game content, such as paintschemes, pilot appearance, etc.

Originally Posted by Echo38 View Post
Hmm. That implies that one of the aircraft would be free ... else it would be "free to watch" rather than "free to play."
-------------------
There will be several flyable aircraft in the free version.

Originally Posted by Smurfy1967 View Post
I`ll put cash into this a:when it works straight out of the box and b:when it contains everything stated on the box, my memory is capable of remembering Pacific Fighters and CloD which was dumped on an unsuspecting community in a clearly un-finished state.
So Mr Shevchenko what assurances can you give the community that this new project isn`t going to be a dud????
----------------------------------
The reason we are doing a kickstarter is precisely this. I have never once in my career had enough time and money to develop the project as I wanted it. It was always a - "I need X dollars and Y months to build this." "OK, we'll give you 0.7X and Y-6 months, and if you don't do everything plus a few extra features, we're shutting you down."
I did not enjoy that, the team did not enjoy that, and the fans did not enjoy that.
I have absolutely no desire to go down that road again. I swore off flight sims altogether after the last fiasco. The fact that I am back means that I am hoping to turn a new page.
If you are asking for assurances though, of course I can't offer anything but words at this point. The initial release will be available free of charge though, so I really do not see what you have to lose when you try it out. Conversely, I see absolutely no reason to release a broken game for free, thus making no money initially and losing any chance of making any in the future.

Originally Posted by Python View Post
This is exciting news. Is this the end of Eagle Dynamics in house WW2 aircraft however? I was kind of hoping we'd at least get an Spitfire MK: 9 and an ME-109 to the same standard as the P51?
-------------------------
We have a symbiotic relationship with ED. In any case, final quality check is on them, not us. You should know them well enough to rest assured that they won't allow anyone to besmirch the DCS name with an inferior product.
Edited by Silver_Dragon

Siempre han dicho que DCS World era una plataforma multi-epoca, por que cambian ahora de actitud y sienten esa necesidad de separar epocas?

De todas formas, a mi esto de la WWII no me llama mucho la atencion, pero me alegro por a quien le llame, y espero completen un buen trabajo, aunque lo que si estoy seguro es que nos traeran muchos bugs fresquitos XD

Siempre han dicho que DCS World era una plataforma multi-epoca, por que cambian ahora de actitud y sienten esa necesidad de separar epocas?

Ya han dicho que todo lo que tengas en DCS:W normal y WW2 será intercambiable (P-51D y otros addons para WW2 y a la inversa), yo creo que ha sido la cuestión de no ir revueltos (Todo esta sujeto a cambio)

Yo estoy esperando ya un proyecto de DCS StarWars con su mapa propio y a parte de todos los edificios y armamento del SW tenga tb un modulo de Battle Comander, lo digo muy seriamente porque da igual q tardarian 5 o 6 años en sacarlo, pero la diversion seria asegurada.

Lo de hacer un mapa de Europa del 1944 si es muy grande como actual DCS World pues esta bien, pero chupa mucho mucho tiempo asi q ya puestos me pido DCS SW.

Salu2

Mas información por Luthier:

Originally Posted by Charly_Owl View Post

Please tell me that multiplayer will be included!.
Multiplayer is definitely included in the project! We have a lot of ideas, and we even have some old colleagues that have lots of experience making multiplayer great, but this is one area where we're not making any concrete promises.
After we did all the thinking and planned things out on paper, we realized we were looking at a huge project of its own. We can't afford to plug it into the core Kickstarter tier because it more than doubles the money we'll need. We don't want to risk not reaching even the initial goal because of this. The basic tier is supposed to be basic, after all.
We can only start rehiring old friends and programming and designing away once we hit larger stretch goals, but there's another problem there. This is an entirely new codebase for our old programmers, and multiplayer is extremely hard to program and test and perfect. This is the riskiest component of the entire project with both time and budget. If we make hard kickstarter promises about multiplayer, we run the risk of sinking the entire project by not meeting them on time.
So we're not going to promise anything now, or list any multiplayer features in kickstarter. If we hit larger stretch goals, we will work away on expanding and improving multiplayer, but there is a chance that a large comprehensive multiplayer update won't be ready in time for the initial DCS WWII release.

Originally Posted by lighthaze View Post

Just a pinch of crew management (think B-17 Flying Fortress) would be absolutely amazing.
We're trying not to go feature creep on this project. This is definitely something we've thought about, but at this time we're trying to go lean. (NdT: Se refiere al multicrew, algo que es cuestión de ED)

Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post

So FM goes through inspector Yo-Yo?
Yup. (NdT: Yo-Yo en el desarrollo de los aparatos, me doy con un canto en los dientes)

Originally Posted by Chivas View Post

Good to cya back Luthier. Since this is going to be a European Campaign that could include B17's, is there any chance the map will be large enough that the bombers will be able to takeoff/RTB from Britain or France. If not how big a map do you plan to build, and what are your thoughts on expanding the map for a realistic bombing campaign at a later date? I'm not a huge fan of the current DCS terrain, but I'm hoping the new EDGE graphic engine will allow you to develop an immersive WW2 terrain.
Making terrain in EDGE is kind of an interesting process.
It takes almost no time to define things like shorelines and elevation. But then making that terrain look good takes a tremendous effort. There are areas with coarse detail and areas with very fine detail. For example, our Pointe du Hoc is virtually one-for-one with all the bunkers, trenches, cliffs, bomb craters, etc. Just that one little triangle took several weeks to make. Conversely, some random piece of coastline or an out of the way village are done in a few minutes. They look generic and if you were to compare them to the real thing, you'd see lots of differences.
Then there are areas that aren't hand-built at all. They are intended as a background, something you see far off on the horizon while you fly over a more important area. If you were to take the time to fly over there, you'd see a barren landscape that isn't intended to be seen up close. In other sims this would be the area beyond the map edge that was not done at all; in EDGE we just define it so looking towards the map edge looks good.
So, what I'm saying is, at this time we've only defined Normandy as hand-built. (NdT: Osea, tienen normandia hecha YA con EDGE, Lo que no dice es lo grande que es el RESTO del mapa)

Originally Posted by =4c=Nikola View Post

As you said the aircraft will be able to insert into DCS World, but what about map, AI vehicles, ships, aircraft...? Can we plug all that in DCS World and make true sandbox or there will be some limitations?
I'm not sure if this can be done manually. We only discussed module compatibility, i.e. cross-plugging things we ourselves make to be compatible.

Originally Posted by leafer View Post

My first wish would be to see RRG dump the icons that act as objects on the map, and come up with a way to allow players to visually see the objects as they are, intuitively manipulate its orientation and move it around to the exact location we want on the map in DCS WWII mission editor. ED ain't gonna let us do it in theirs, so please make this a possibility. It is really frustrating having to go back and forth between in-game and ME a dozens of times just to move the vehicles around on a farp.
We don't have a budget for a mission builder programmer or artist.
If any changes are made to the editors, they'd have to be done by ED.

Originally Posted by MadTommy View Post

It all sounds rather over ambitious to me. I'd love to see this be achieved in single year. But i won't be holding my breath.
Lots of experienced people from another sim coming together to work in parallel. (NdT: no hay que ser muy listo para pensar de que simulador esta hablando)
It's also somewhat easier to make things now with the P-51 and Dora already done. When P-51 was being done, most of the systems had to be written from scratch. With something like a Bf.109 now, we can use a lot of P-51 code which speeds things up by a huge factor.

Originally Posted by Geronimo989 View Post

Do you guys have the permission to use aircraft models and textures from Cliffs of Dover? That could bring us early WW2 scenarios faster.

Originally Posted by Suchacz View Post

Imho they already have something WIP from their previous projects in their drawers
Nope. Not only do we not have permission, we are absolutely not going to reuse a single asset from any old project. We know that we will be challenged on every single thing that looks remotely similar and have to prove to the current copyright owner that we made everything from scratch. (NdT: Para mi esto es patada en la boca y VENGANZA!!!)
Edited by Silver_Dragon

Y esto sigue....

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyGrail_FxFactory View Post
" DCS WWII: Europe 1944 will boast an all-new EDGE landscape engine, as well as many new and updated features "
Oh , I thought they've said that WWII will feature a newer updated version of the game engine
----------
Game engine includes a lot more than landscape. It consists of multiple modules. GUI, vehicles, aircraft, weather, etc. We're just taking the old landscape module and swapping it out for EDGE, but the rest is all the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadTommy View Post
Does RRG Studios have a website?
-----------
Not at this time.
There is an unpleasant issue that has to do with using the name of the old game series I've worked on. Can't really have a site that says "well we worked on something, but we can't tell you the name of the project or show any screenshots."
We'll have something once kickstarter hits. It'll only be about DCS WWII and the future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hegykc View Post
Since your team is a 3rd party developer, would it make DCS WWII world open for 4th party content?
If a team decides to make a study level plane, that's not on your list, would it be compatible with your world?
---------------------
Anything that's compatible with DCS is compatible with DCS WWII by definition.
There are a lot of people already making WWII stuff in addition to ourselves. We'll need some sort of a plan for sharing things with 4th parties to make sure there are no parallel developments on one hand, and things are getting done on the other.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double_D View Post
Only Luthier1 hair dresser will know for sure...
I think now its best for him to fully explain..DCS/Luthier1 plans will be on it...
--------------------
Guys, can you please stop fighting about the separate installs?
It's one thing to discuss it with me. I'll be glad to answer questions or entertain ideas. But it's absolutely pointless to get riled up and argue with each other.
Think about this not from the point of you of today, but five years from now. DCS WWII has grown to include Pacific, Mediterranean, Korea, I don't know. DCS World has Nevada, a whole bunch of other maps, and a huge line-up of new aircraft.
The number of fans that own the entire product line will number in the single digits.
But if we were to keep everything as a single install, then the number of people that have to download and keep content they never use would be huge!
Edited by Silver_Dragon

Traducción horripilante (google translator) del foro ruso de ED con mas información de Luthier:
Estoy lo siento chicos, me voy a mudar - divorcio, camiones, división de los bienes. En el nuevo sitio web no esté conectado, de manera que una complejidad comunicación. Responderemos a todos, pero con retrasos.

Cita:

Iniciado por Steam Ver Mensaje
1. ¿Qué tarjeta de tamaño están planeando lanzarlo en detalle y el historial de cumplimiento y la del lugar?
Cherbourg - Falaise -. Rouen sobre Detailing alta. En algunos lugares se juegan 1-a-1. Por ejemplo Pointe du Hoc se hace con todos los bunkers, trincheras, acantilados, cráteres de bombas. Cumple con asombrosa. Otros lugares importantes de la ciudad, los campos de batalla, también se copia el número. El resto de la tarjeta - la similitud en la media distancia. Pueblo de caminos en los lugares correctos, pero el promedio de las casas de la calle.
Cita:

2. ¿Cuántas horas de trabajo previsto para la creación de un combatiente de la tierra hasta que esté listo?

Demasiados crear modelos 3D en general para ungüentos, obtener la mano para hacer muy rápidamente. Sin embargo, la programación y las pruebas durante mucho tiempo, especialmente para los estándares de mis viejos proyectos. Estamos tratando de entender si podemos acelerar sin perder la calidad, ya que nos encontramos con el 3D. Así que alrededor de un año-hombre + un par de meses, dependiendo de la complejidad de los sistemas.

Cita:

3. Háblenos de DM.
Cómo Musa.

Cita:

4. ¿Cuántas personas en el equipo de desarrollo, que trabajan a tiempo completo?
Mientras que 9. Después de Kick creciendo, como resultado de ello.

Cita:

5. ¿Quién va a comunicarse con la comunidad?
Mua.

Cita:

6. Will actualización del viernes, o en algún otro formato?
Probablemente haré, pero Pipeline muy largo. Habrá muchas veces cuando en la feria tendrán nada que mostrar. "John sufrió toda la semana con el chasis y Messer no funcionaron, y Peter zateksturil armadura vuelve a dormir" - actualización no se ha especificado.
Cita:
7. ¿En qué ciudad está la oficina y un equipo de desarrolladores?
Los programadores están en Moscú, el núcleo del equipo de allí. También dispersos modeladores 3D - subcontratistas en todo el planeta.

Cita:

Iniciado por Elefant Ver Mensaje
Dime por favor, lo que está previsto bombarderos?
Neletab B-17 en el nivel 0. A-26, Mosquito, y la S-88 en las medidas más costosas. Lethaby B-17 a más tardar.

Cita:

Iniciado por Theo Ver Mensaje
Q: El
nuevo motor está previsto EDZH.
Disposición-ya sean árboles "materiales"?
Quiero decir, con colisiones? Pruebe estos momentos.

Cita:

Iniciado por lightningstrike Ver Mensaje
después Vagner dicho que él no tiene acceso a la información sobre EDZH que se desarrollan allí a algunos de los estudios Minsk, gracias a este anuncio, aunque no había un rayo de esperanza sobre EDZha! ahora, este Edzhe inesperada incluso capaz de producir cubo 3D o un triángulo? al menos puede ver una pantalla? si pesa círculo 3D en las nubes o soporte de decisiones en la hierba ...
El motor es un complejo de trabajo con pantallas quinto Normandía, casas, trincheras, búnkeres, estatuas, acantilados, el mar, los árboles y le di.

Originally Posted by podvoxx View Post

Terms of output alpha (for winter) will depend on the kick starter?
-------------
Alpha does not go anywhere, it is an internal boundary. Accessing supported the Kick starts with beta. And of course depends. If you reach the higher levels of funding means more work, then all the terms relegated.

Originally Posted by Elefant View Post

This is how to understand? Latest revision?
---------------
Kick works. If we collect $ 100, we'll give you that's so-and-so. If you collect 200, we'll give you another mosquito. Putting 300 - and then still be able to pull Yushku. I mean it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cichlidfan View Post
Regarding the entirety of DCS World and DCS WWII, you might be right, but regarding the number of people who will own both core games, I suspect you are extremely underestimating your audience.
----------------
That's exactly what I said above
What happens if we release, say, a G4M Betty for DCS WWII. You already bought the F6F but you have no interest in the Betty so you don't buy it. What happens when you go online with someone who owns the Betty? You gotta be able to do it, right? So you've gotta see that Betty, right, just not fly it? And the Betty owner, if he never bought that F6F, has to be able to see you dive on him out of the sun for just a split second before he explodes, right?
Now extrapolate that to modern jets. See where I'm going with this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by droz View Post
Out of Curiosity, the P-51D and FW-190 Modules that are available for DCS, will those be incorporated into your DCS: WWII 1944?
-----------------
Of course! How can we possibly have 1944 Europe without a P-51!

Mas información de Luthier (del foro ruso) (google translator)

Originally Posted by Maler View Post

There is a minimum bid to participate in the beta ? Or in any way? Never pay for Kick . There is a storage system for a profile ? And through which payments are transfers .

Tell us about this in more detail .
All want to run Kick . Every developer determines that provide for what sum .
All this is spelled out in detail in the side- bar. We, as a developer, have to do solemnly promised in the promised time .
Access to the beta in our project starts with $ 10. That is, almost all supported the fly in beta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eekz View Post
Subscribe to the issue . Required PayPal account for payment to Kick ? In Belarus, PayPal'om somehow did not . Will I be able to put some money into the project simply using the card Visa?
Payment Kick goes through Amazon . This mediator . There , like, you can shove any credit - debit card.
System is a bit cumbersome at first glance, but it should be. Amazon is actually a financial intermediary or escrow , do not know how to describe more precisely . You " promise " Amazon $ 10, or 20 , or a thousand . Amazon all this keeps up at the end Kick . Kick If successful, scored a base amount , the money transferred to the developer. Is not successful - the money is returned to you.
It would be more convenient to drive the card in kiktstarter , but then there would be problems and headaches in the event of the failure of Kick , etc etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebel- 1 View Post
And that the domestic aviation industry once again walked sideways? It is the curse of all lines of DCS? Or, in the west of the WWII Soviet planes are not so popular?
Does have some domestic aviation industry .
Why do we have so directly compete ? We Yaki Yaki them . We Stuck, Stuck at them . We have snow , they have snow. Not to be boring ?
To have time to come to domestic .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimock View Post
Question on the map.
1) Card Feeder # 10 BCS gives a very rough idea of ​​the relief, paving the path for Ground Kills on " Steppe" , you may find that the route crosses the road embankment through which perebratsya Ground Units can not.
2) The problem is the BCS underdeveloped road network , there is only a small part of the road , the majority of local roads is missing, Proselkov not at all, the streets of cities and towns in the vast case no .
EDGE is made from scratch. Old landscape at all on his side.
Clippers are not yet fully made. How will ride in the final, too early to say .
Many roads on the map . All handles laid so that depends on elapsed time . Of course , it is senseless to spend man- months to pave a dirt all over the map. Therefore, accurate road network will be important places.
It's not about features of the engine , and in the budgets and deadlines . You spend 2 months kartodely on a country on the old map , it is better for the time to make one new one. think so

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemul Jr. View Post
It's interesting . The new project will build on an existing ideology DCS - in the first place when the managed object , everything else is secondary , tertiary , or even non-existent ... In short , it will be a flight simulator on a plane or air combat simulator on an airplane ?

And then, and more ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BerryMORE View Post
It's no secret that the existing simulators, completely missing the so-called regime of non-stop war . Are there any plans for the development and maintenance of the project, which would bring together all on the same battlefield?

The plans were for a long time , back in the old projects.
This mega complex thing , money and time to ochchchchen much.
While not afford . But it is very much like , and a very long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
Maybe I misunderstood that , but in the line of Heinkel bombers are not specified.
Do beavers have seconded to KG55 KG40
Or will be, but only later ... ?

Heinkel yet. In 1944, he was somehow quite weak. What it do? Ogle the Mustangs , and direct burning car on a lonely Sherman in the bushes ?
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1857471&postcount=34

Originally Posted by Aquila View Post

Looking ahead, what do you say about the influence of the "business policy" on the actual simulator (more buns, less realism)?!
Business policy of "less realistic" in this case = business-suicide.
DCS - mega realism. Meanwhile earned a name for himself and the fans. It is for them build the game. Abandon an existing, loyal base of client initially and try to attract new - why do we need such nonsense?
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1857488&postcount=37

Originally Posted by Seb View Post

It is waiting for, and how will the implementation of weather, clouds, turbulence, and rain will not leave a drop on the standing plane?

It's not part of the Edge. Edge - landscape. Land, houses, trees and the sea.
The rest - probably will remain in DCS.
Edited by Silver_Dragon

Hello everyone,

We’ll be launching our kickstarter in about 24 hours, or, in the worst case, about 30 hours.
If you’re not sure about what DCS WWII: Europe 1944 is, please read the official announcement or join the discussion here.
There are a few very important points we’d like to make:
1. The project is at a very early stage.
Normally, video game development goes something like this. You go through some initial planning and discussion. You agree on budget and schedule, then begin the development. After some months, or maybe even years, you arrive at a playable mock-up or maybe a pre-alpha version. You announce the project, show what you have to the fans, and move forward.
With DCS WWII, we’re doing something different. We are in the very early initial design stage. If things were done the normal way, we’d be about six months away from an official announcement.
Why then are we doing this? Because we are not working with a publisher. When we looked at our budget and our schedule, we realized we’d be cutting it very close and we’d really need a bit more money and a bit more time to really do things comfortably. So we decided to go the kickstarter route. It should give us the freedom to really perfect our game; and perhaps even allow us to make a larger product if we manage to hit our stretch goals.
And so, we’re back to the main point. The project is very, very early. Normally we would not show it to the public at this stage.
We could wait six months and go kickstarter then – but then we’d lose the stretch goal option. If we don’t start on, say, a flyable B-17 today, if we wait six months to begin, then we delay its release by six months as well.
So, we know how the community lives to scrutinize every pixel and every word. So please keep in mind that things are not just WIP. They’re so far away from final, they’re all the way back at the other end. They’re “initial”.
Kickstarter changes a lot of things on our end, so please accept it as a change on yours. We’re showing you the project six months before we normally would. Please keep that in mind in all future discussion.
2. Kickstarter can fail.
Here’s how it works.
We are asking for a relatively minor initial sum on kickstarter which is needed to put in a few extra features and really polish and perfect the product.
We obviously need a large number of people to back the project to even hit the initial sum.
If you back the project, but over the course of the kickstarter campaign we fail to reach the initial goal, then the campaign fails and all the money is returned to backers. We the developers receive nothing.
However if we do manage to excite enough fans to back the project in the next 30 days, and we hit our initial goal, then this opens the road to the real meat of the campaign: stretch goals. All money raised will go towards development. If we manage to hit additional stretch goals, we will add a lot more exciting stuff to the project, most importantly new aircraft and new gameplay maps.
However that will require a significant community effort. Larger stretch goals will require thousands and thousands of backers; it’d require the equivalent of everyone who ever bought DCS: P-51 to come in with the purchase price they paid in the next 30 days and back our kickstarter to hit some of the larger stretch goals.
Possible? We hope so. But we’ll need help.
3. We need your help!
What we really need for our project to succeed is exposure.
If you back our project, please tell your friends about it.
Even if you cannot back our project, but are excited about it, tell your friends.
DCS WWII: Europe 1944 requires a large concentrated community effort to become successful.
If you are a journalist, please get in touch.
If you are a member of a flight sim community, please mention our kickstarter on your forums. If your friends have questions, send them here, or send us to them.
We only speak English and Russian. If you are a member of an international flight sim community, help us spread the word in your language!
Please help us get there. We cannot do it on our own!
Thank you very much. We, everyone, myself personally, are unbelievably excited about tomorrow. See you then!