DCS: WW2 Europe 1944

Silver_Dragon

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday Development Update - December 13, 2013 - One week of work
6 comments Liked 29 likes
Well, today's update is a little different in tone. As opposed to showing exciting new things, we're going to try for a much more intimate look at the day to day work that goes into the project.
Let's look at the Me.262 cockpit one more time, one week later.
If you just look at the screenshots below and compare them to last week’s, your first impression might be, what? Where’s the beef?
993483_682759611745930_1586112558_n.jpg
601180_682759578412600_270217102_n.jpg
1463063_682759558412602_375751387_n.jpg
1484189_682759555079269_1023644119_n.jpg
1470173_682759545079270_602415838_n.jpg
Well, you have to look closer.
Compared to last week’s, the cockpit is a lot more complete. Most importantly, we now have the fully articulated stick. We now have both complete pedals instead of a single placeholder. The entire cockpit tub is there. There are new large objects on both sides, and smaller objects all around.
Still, you might say, an entire week of worth for that? Are you guys putting in the hours?
Oh yes we are.
First of all, there’s the time needed to ensure the accuracy. We’re not just looking at a blurry photo and trying to kind of sort of make a gizmo that looks like that thingamajig by the pilot’s right knee. We’re going off of original manufacturer’s blueprints and measuring and cross-checking every element. That takes time and that takes skill.
For things that are animated, playing around with the range of motion is also time-consuming. For example, the stick can move around in many different ways, has other moving things attached to it, and so on. We need to play around with all of that too and make sure it’s right.
Finally, everything you see gets mapped during the modeling process. Not a DCS requirement, just this modeler’s individual preference. We have strict texture scale and size requirements. Everything is in 1:1 scale, which adds extra work to texture mapping. So, screenshotting, measuring, and arranging all the objects on the textures like a giant free-form jigsaw puzzle from hell, that’s a lot of additional effort that cannot be accurately shown on screenshots.
And so, this is the day-to-day of DCS WWII development. Slow, steady process that requires patience and dedication to make sure all the details remain as accurate as possible, and no corners are ever cut.

• 2 weeks later...
DCS: WW2 Update 24, P-47

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Happy New Year, Io Saturnalia, С Новым Годом и Рождеством – whatever you’re celebrating, hope your new year brings you lots of joy and happy new experiences!
For us, 2014 is looking to be a momentous year. We’re working hard to make sure we release a solid new title next year, a title that will thrive in 2015, 2016, and beyond.
Most of our employees are based in Russia or in the former Soviet Union. The wonderful thing for employees, and a horrible thing for employers, is the fact that most of those countries are officially off from December 31st to January 10th. People in that part of the world love to celebrate the New Year, and they celebrate hard. Many businesses do not return to full working capacity for another week or two after the official holidays end, but we are of course different. Some of our employees are even planning to work from home over the holidays to ensure deadlines, but that’s purely their personal choice. I as a project manager obviously cannot ask anyone to do that unless it’s their own personal choice.
Having said that, we probably won’t have any significant work done on the project for the fateful 11-day period.
December was a difficult month for me personally with some unexpected events jumping out when least expected. One of our employees ended up in the hospital. Russian healthcare being what it is, waiting for the ambulance for two and a half ours almost led to a bigger tragedy. Not one but two of our married employees had their wives end up in the hospital.
Finally, another valuable team member slipped on the ice but thankfully his face broke the fall. He now looks like a B-movie monster, and has to continue modeling with one eye swollen shut. Finally, I know many of you are very concerned about the state of kickstarter rewards fulfillment system. The work has not been progressing nearly as fast as we needed. We’re still not there. Including paypal with kickstarter ended up adding a huge layer of complexity because we can no longer just use kickstarter’s features. Programming everything together, bringing the lists of kickstarter and paypal backers, and integrating it with DCS forums and other site features just turned out to be a nightmare. At this point, it almost seems like it would have been easier for me to manually do the reward surveys via email or something basic like that. At this point, looks like the roll-out is not going to happen until at least the end of January 2014. For this I sincerely apologize. I should have planned this out better. In hindsight, I should have stuck with kickstarter alone.
Anyway, I was really hoping to end 2013 with a bang: a couple of screenshots of the Bf.109 cockpit in-engine, flying around, and we still have a couple of days left in the year. If that does not happen, we’ll do a consolation update on the 31st.
For now, here’s the current state of the P-47 cockpit. Looking to be completed by late January.
1488169_689297991092092_1590283909_n.jpg
1524851_689298027758755_1193890199_n.jpg
1474446_689298024425422_1553715908_n.jpg
1528493_689298124425412_125252901_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Update 25

Good evening gentlemen!
We are finally getting back to business after the long Russian holidays.
As I mentioned in my last update, most of the team members were off from December 31st to January 10th, and the calendar being what it is, most did not get back to work until January 13th.
I have used this time to take some much-needed rest myself, spending lots of time with my children, and finally getting lots of sleep. Normally, I work on Moscow time all the way from California with an 11-hour time difference, starting my workday at 10 PM, then converting to single dad mode by 7 am. That makes eight hours of sleep in a single block, well, something out a fairy tale for me.
Anyway, I thought it would be best to begin 2014 with our most important single task from 2013, the highlight of our kickstarter drive, the cockpit for the Me.262.
1557689_699516776736880_168492749_n.jpg
1613973_699516806736877_1778956693_n.jpg
1524797_699516800070211_1014320978_n.jpg
1478944_699516823403542_990751267_n.jpg
1536437_699516876736870_417026803_n.jpg
1600980_699516933403531_1667007706_n.jpg
1525319_699516926736865_1380576575_n.jpg
Unlike most other team members, the two-man crew working on this pit worked through the holidays. With that kind of a work ethic, coupled with doubling up on projects that are usually made single-handedly, these DCS heroes are doing an amazing job staying ahead of schedule and producing consistently stellar quality work. They make the rest of the tasks look bad in comparison, but of course, the overall number of working hours for their cockpits is about the same as for the others. It’s just they need half the calendar time to do the same amount of work.
That concludes this week’s update. Please stay tuned for more next Friday!

Update #26

Hello folks,
Wait, isn’t it still Friday somewhere?
The project is moving along. I have been putting insane hours into DCS the past couple of weeks, so much that it almost feels like a pre-release crunch.
On the development front, the Me.262 cockpit shown last week has had the last few kinks straightened out and is considered finished. Just waiting for the flight dynamics programmers, currently hard at work o the Bf.109K, to finish that plane and get on the 262.
The P-47 is also nearly there. The cockpit is virtually ready, while the external model is a bit farther along. The general pipeline for this project is a bit strange. Our cockpits are built a lot faster than our external models, and the programming time that comes after the 3D models are complete is even longer.
The order in which the planes will be completed is as follows. The FW.190D-9, in the development of which our team is also taking part, will be completed first (no ETA, not up to me too announce). The Bf.109K-4 will come next. Then the P-47. Then the Me.262. Then the Spitfire. The plan is still to release these piece-meal to all alpha-access backers as they are being done.
The landscape is also moving along. The most important part of the process is engine integration, that is, getting the DCS aircraft to fly over the new terrain, and all the other objects, vehicles, ships, and so on, to properly interact with it. This task is in late testing stages, and in the meantime creating the landscape itself has slowed down a bit. Once that task is complete, we’re going to dump an entire large team onto landscape creation, and will be looking at an alpha of a Normandy chunk in a matter of weeks.
As for myself, well, I have been doing a whole lot of writing and graphic design, and brushing up on my German as well. I’ll just show a single screenshot for now.
484e0a86d2f4f5bd27092ab7ba007ea3_large.j
I am catching a flight to Moscow tomorrow afternoon. My main priority there is to finish the English version of the manual as well as its Russian translation, and to get started on the Bf.109 manual. I also want to get back to doing video updates, and hopefully give you guys a much better look at what’s happening with terrain and the 109K in video format.

Update #27

Hello folks,

A few things for today’s update.

First of all, it’s a bit cold in Moscow right now. Catching a LAX-MOW flight is always fun in winter, especially in late January – early February. Board the plane in balmy LA with +82 F outside (+27 C), bam, 12 hours later walk out to -16 F (-27 C). It’s so cold inside my apartment, I literally have to sleep wearing outside clothes under two sets of blankets. Managed to land here during the coldest week of the entire Russian winter. Eagle Dynamics offices are a bit better, especially during the day when the outside warms up a bit. Early in the morning when you just get in though, well, today we’ve been joking about working at Igloo Dynamics.

The FW.190 manual is progressing very well. Been keeping me very busy. Sometimes jet lag is a good thing, gives me so much more time to work on those charts and graphics, but working from home at night with the world frozen stiff around me and the winds howling outside, well, it’s quite an experience.

The Bf 109 is getting along nicely. Two programmers are working on it at the moment, one dealing with various internal systems, and the second one doing cockpit gauges and animations. The internal systems are pretty much done, there’s just a bit of work left on the engine model. The cockpit is kind of half-baked at the moment, the visuals are a bit messy, especially the connection between the external and the internal model that’s all glitchy. That’s why we’re just going to look down today. I’d rather not show the gunsight and the canopy framework.

1625458_706804096008148_1755544660_n.jpg

1743583_706804072674817_482736485_n.jpg

The P-47 external currently looks like this. Very long process to get the model to this point because so much of the work cannot be shown with screenshots. The model is fully articulated, and has all the internal parts that are all mapped and animated. There’s also a few sub-variants all in there, with and without the dorsal fin, a couple of different propellers. Only one variant is going to make it into the final game, but it’ll be decided later once the programming begins. Otherwise it’s at least a month of extra work for each of the changes in airframe or the propeller.

1555552_706804009341490_621570845_n.jpg

1722924_706804002674824_72759981_n.jpg

1507590_706803969341494_1786915143_n.jpg

1656140_706803966008161_641784646_n.jpg

1794765_706803949341496_530380380_n.jpg

With that, I’m off to the exciting world of Triebswerkanschlüsse and Kaltstartvorbereitung.

Update 28# DCS: WW2

Friday Development Update - February 07, 2014
4 comments Like 16 likes
Hello everyone,
A very busy week here in the office. I’ve finished the alpha version of the Fw 190D-9 manual. Really enjoyed it. Starting on the 109K-4 manual next week, should be easier and quicker. Had a lot of fun scouring gigabytes of scanned original documents looking for info on cockpit controls, system diagrams, procedures, numbers, etc. Totally new experience for me, even after what, 14 years of doing flight simulations.
1796495_711168795571678_722859178_n.jpg
Thanks to the manual and a certain button in the Dora cockpit, we have a new office meme. We’ve always been a memetastic group. Most people don’t realize just how juvenile a bunch of flight sim developers can be. One minute we’ll have an aircraft designer with 20 years of experience designing real planes fill out the whiteboard with formulas in order to double-check some flight test curves, and the next minute he’s bellowing animal sounds and making Gumbys faces.
We were woefully short on a DCS meme, and now, thankfully, we have one. We could not be happier.
There is a little thing stuck in the far back corner of the Dora’s left console that the manuals call the Flugzeugvernichter, that is, Aircraft Self-Destruct. Somehow the word Vernichter just really stuck, and now the entire office presses invisible buttons and yells “Vernichter”. We also have to add it to the end of every German aviation term we can. Spreizklappenanzeigen? Spreizklappenanzeigen Vernichter! Kraftstoffverneblerleitung? Kraftstoffverneblerleitung Vernichter!
What do you call a device that destroys your ability to disable the self-destruct button for your aircraft? A Flugzeugvernichtervernichtervernichter.
As any inside joke, it’s probably weird to anyone outside out small group of old friends, but, well, we enjoy the heck out of it right now.
Now, another really exciting thing we’re doing this week is playing with Oculus Rift. It’s pretty good, although the implementation is pretty basic at the moment. No 6DOF yet, and the world outside is a bit warpy and it looks like you’re inside an egg, but the immersion of being inside the cockpit is just superb. It is such an incredible breakthrough, the feeling is so life-like, that words simply cannot describe it. Once I put it on, I don't want to take it off. Could spend hours just flying over the landscape and watching things move around.
1688954_711168782238346_109083225_n.jpg
Great Scott!
Also, it’s really fun to bug people wearing a full face mask while playing a game. As you can see everything they’re doing on the screen, we love to add extra immersion by kicking and poking the player at the right moment. Also, it’s extremely annoying and maddening when those louts at the office break my immersion by kicking and poking me while I’m trying to enjoy an awesome gadget.
And finally, here’s a sneak peak at something else that's really beginning to shape up nicely.
1654183_711168692238355_162054708_n.jpg
Hope you guys have a good weekend!

• 2 weeks later...
FW-190D-9

Hello,
I'm writing a manual for DCS Fw 190D-9. It's generally finished; however there are some holes in the historical reference we have. Some of the more obscure systems are not very well described at all, or at least, not in the way that we need to properly model them in a flight sim.
Here's my list.
1. Is there any info on the technical specs of the boosted controls?
By looking at the blueprints we can easily see the simple mechanism, but we need numbers. Is there anything like a graph or a text that says that for x degrees of control deflection you get y degrees of surface movement?
2. Same question for the engine's Bediengerät. Are there any numbers on it, precise data, as in, for an input of x, the device outputs y?
3. We cannot find good info on MW-50 Controls. Where is the On-Off switch? What does it look like (assuming Fl 32350). What about the MW-B4-Selector?
4. How does the Notzug system interact with the MW-50 system?
5. Is there the Auto-Hand Luftschraube switch with the corresponding rocker switch on the throttle, as on the earlier variants?
6. We could use more info on the pull-out Kuhlerklappen handle. When was it used? What effect did the flaps have? Was it in any way connected with the Bediengerät?
7. Is there a good quality hydraulic system diagram anywhere?
8. We need better info on the circuit breaker on the right console. What were all the buttons? What were the standard captions for each?
9. We need better oxygen system info: tank capacity, which order the tanks were used in, approx. oxygen supply at different altitudes.
10. Some references have the left console with only one FuG 16 ZY frequency dial, while others have a second one next to it.
The first one we’re clear on, but the second one – the FuG 16 ZY Handbuch does not seem to mention it, but it's right there in the aircraft Ersatzteilliste. We have no idea what the switch does.
11. The Frequency dial – what do the frequencies actually do?
The I position is for Y-Führungsfrequenz, or Management frequency.
The II position is for Gruppenbefehlsfrequenz, or Group Order frequency.
The ∆ position is for Nah-Flugsicherungsfrequenz, or the Air Traffic Control frequency.
The □ position is for Reichsjägerfrequenz, or Reich Fighter Defense Frequency.
That we're clear on. What they were used for however, we need more info on that.
12. The frequency dial and the AD 18 switch – what in the world does it affect? What's E-Messbetrieb? What's Zielflug-Anzeige? How did they actually work? What were the cockpit procedures?
And why does the FuG-16 Handbuch only list interactions with AD 18 for Frequenzschalter in positions I and II, and nothing about ∆and □?
13. What did the earphone plug look like?
14. What did the Flugzeugvernichter button look like? A cockpit diagram from the Lehrmittel appears to show it as an actual cockpit control on the right console.
15. What did the Dora's “Hinweisschild u.Bauteilschild” look like?
16. What did the Dora's Baumusterkarte look like?

• 2 weeks later...

Por Yo-Yo (foro ruso)

But we must not panic, okay? What is there on the terrain, for example, or by model P-47 I can judge from the same news on the forum, and on those planes that are now in front of me, I can say the following: FW-190 is almost ready to fly, with automatic engine, propeller speed control and are already working, radiator cooled, airframe aerodynamics on the approach of the system are made. Bf-109 - more emphasis there is now a system. Spitfire - are working on a 3D model. Sound for the first two is almost ready for Spit - no problems, there are records.

Update #30 WW2

Friday March 07, 2014 Development Update – We're Getting THere
6 comments Liked 17 likes
These regular updates are really hard to do when you’re in pre-alpha. If there’s one thing I learned during this project, it’s that there really was a very good reason for the industry standard to announce and market projects after they’re ready and playable.
I yearn for the days of yore when I could just boot up a game, set up a quick scenario, snap a bunch of action screenshots, and be done with a Friday update in an hour.
Actually, I yearn for the day of even yore-er yore. Seems like it was just yesterday when I could say, hey, I’d like to fly plane X. And a month or so later I’d be flying it. It’s only been, what, 10 years since that was the case. Of course, there’s no going back to that. Even the simplest flying games of today probably can’t do an airplane in a month. I myself can barely stand to look, much less to fly, airplanes from 10 years ago. But I am still a bit sad about all the work that goes into the extra quality. If you were to draw a graph on work hours vs simulation quality, the line grows exponentially.
And while you’re here, close but not quite at the self-imposed 100%, progress is very hard to show.
First of all, here’s where we are with the backer rewards section. We really tried to have it operational last Friday, but internal testing showed that once again we had a logical flaw for larger reward tiers with more than one copy of a stock plane selected. Had to drastically redo the flyable selection this week. Lost all the prettiness and ended up with a painfully simple design, but at least it works.
I guess the page is ready for the world, we just have one final task: to merge the kickstarter and paypal database of backers with the DCS site member list, the hardest part of which is dealing with accounts for backers that do not currently have a digitalcombatsimulator.com user profile.
1976976_727278637294027_1851558044_n.jpg
On the aircraft front, we finally do have a delay on one aircraft model, the P-47 external. We had a long unpleasant saga with trying to get high-quality original blueprints for it last summer. That took longer than anticipated, and what we got was not as thorough as we needed. Once we finally got into animating all the bits and pieces of the aircraft, we’ve realized that our data was not good enough, and that some parts would go out of alignment when moved. We had to go chasing pixels, and start fitting parts back together, animating, measuring, refitting, and trying again. This, again, goes back to my earlier point about standards. In an older game, we’d never care that an aileron slightly clips through the wing when fully deflected. We wouldn’t care that a gear strut does a physically impossible warp a few inches to the side in order to move to the down and locked position. And so with DCS, we have to go and make sure every movement is absolutely perfect, spending more time on these details than on the entire model in an older project.
The 109, our flagship, the pinnacle of our hopes and desires, is still a bit shiny everywhere. Not nearly as bad as two weeks ago, but it still fluctuates. Graphics programmers are slowly but surely moving DCS over to DX11, and it’s a process.
The choice for me is extremely painful - show nothing, or show something that does not look great.
1975227_727278627294028_997149189_n.jpg
Shiny!
1795525_727278630627361_861539642_n.jpg
From switch to shining switch
The cockpit programming is complete. All the gauges and switches and systems are working, except, annoyingly from the point of a Friday update, you cannot see it in the cockpit yet. We can see it all in debug mode. However DCS cockpits are done in a peculiar complex way, different from what we’re used to from before, and a programmer cannot simply tell a certain needle to rotate a certain number of degrees. As it is during most of the process, the cockpit mesh is a monolith. In our previous projects, we would simply make each moving part a separate object with a pivot, and the programmer would move that object about that pivot when needed. In DCS, we have to do a lot more work on cockpit animations, doing them manually, and we’re still waiting for them to be complete.
In the meantime, all the gauges gauge, and the switches operate all the systems, the radio talks, the AFN2 guides you to airfields (the only objects at the moment you can guide to), everything works, and this would have been a great time to make a cockpit procedures video, except you can only see all of that happening in debug readouts and not in the cockpit 3D model.
So, since I’ve made too many overly optimistic predictions in the past, I won’t this time. I will only say that it’s very frustrating for me to write these kind of updates, that I really want to have a fully functional plane I can take for a spin and screenshot away, and that we really are tantalizingly close.

Reply #001

Ye91 about 4 hours ago

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/508681281/dcs-wwii-europe-1944/posts/770277

When will I get my account, access codes and reward t-shirt???

I don't want to be let down. You have not replied to many of my previous messages? Wake up man!

Y yasta, bon profit!

Edited by Zaz0

• 2 weeks later...
Update DCS: WW2
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/508681281/dcs-wwii-europe-1944/posts/784976

No Guts – No Glory

1 comment Like 7 likes
Well folks,
Frustrating couple of weeks.
The entire office spent all of last week trying to figure out what was up with the 109. Kind of a standard thing with all DCS planes when they suddenly begin doing something absolutely unexpected.
1932254_733549130000311_878949653_n.jpg
Our 109 flight model started as a copy of the P-51, and then we began slowly replacing all systems and all data with Messerschmitt stuff. Well, after another round of replacements something somewhere happened with something that made the 109 decide to crabwalk through the sky rather than fly straight like the Mustang. Check each new system. Nothing. Replace each P-51 system with each new 109 system individually. Nothing. Replace all together in conjunction – screech!
This is the kind of stuff we really can’t afford to be spending so much time on at this stage of the project, especially as it really looked to everyone that we really put more than enough time for the unexpected into the project in the first place. Still, the 109 still doesn’t want to fly right, and it’s not the question of our skills or experience. Like I said, the entire office, including all ED veterans, spent this whole time trying to figure it out alongside our programmers. If anything, their experience had a slightly calming effect. We want to pull our hair out, while they chuckle and say “yup, happens every time.”
To give you a better idea of the kind of work that goes into all of this, here’s some details of the P-47.
1962730_733549106666980_603919856_n.jpg
1185501_733549090000315_1213913951_n.jpg
1098460_733549063333651_991219692_n.jpg
1978686_733549046666986_1020956892_n.jpg
1497635_733549026666988_206056876_n.jpg
1557735_733549000000324_390857388_n.jpg
1239013_733548966666994_1282324413_n.jpg
1947814_733548946666996_1102884732_n.jpg
1947969_733548896667001_1696074680_n.jpg
10151222_733548920000332_1216614874_n.jp
To make matters worse, the P-47 is documented so much worse than the P-51, and, surprisingly, even worse than the Bf 109. For example, check the tail gear shots above. This was all done from photos.
The best blueprint we have is this:
1979759_733548910000333_558973744_n.jpg
Obviously, not nearly enough data to fully model the mechanism. And with all parts that need to move in complex animations, making sure everything fits and doesn’t fall apart or clip through when animating, well, let’s just say that lately the P-47 modeler has had very little joy in his life.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Nuevo update de WW2, sección privada en el foro de ED para los Backers, Rewards en la pagina de ED y mas cosas.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/508681281/dcs-wwii-europe-1944/posts/787617

The Backer Rewards Section is Finally Here – in Beta

Comment Like
Well, it took way, way more blood and guts than anyone could ever imagine, but we finally have it.
If you’re a project backer, you can manage your rewards here:
We also have a closed Backers forum here:
This is currently in beta – feel free to play around with this as much as you like.
Please note that this only shows the rewards from the rewards matrix.
Anticipated problems:
Log-in and email mix-ups;
Wrong reward selection;
Wrong tier selection;
Bad logic when selecting eclectic reward combinations.
Missing features:
Not currently showing Completed Rewards for those of you who have already received your product keys;
Not showing non-matrix rewards for higher tier backers, such as custom aircraft paintschemes.
Here’s how this works.
Whether you backed on kickstarter or via paypal, you should be able to use this system.
Please note that the DCS site requires two separate logins, one for the site, and the other for the forums.
The Backer section is linked to the email address you used for your pledge.
If you already have a digitalcombatsimulator.com account linked to that email, you should be able to log in and immediately use the Backer Rewards page.
If you do not have a digitalcombatsimulator.com account linked to that email, please create one. It will give you access to all features on the site, including the Backer Rewards page.
If you already have a digitalcombatsimulator.com account linked to a different email address, unfortunately we do not have an automated way to deal with that. Please email dcswwii@eagle.ru from the email address currently on your DCS profile (not the kickstarter backer email address) and let us know which email address you used to back the project. We’ll be changing the backer email address to your DCS account email address (not the other way around).
Same goes for the forums.
If you already have a forums.eagle.ru account, and it uses the same email you used to back the project, you should be able to log in and get access to the backer forum automatically.
If you do not have a forums.eagle.ru account, create one with the same email you used to back the project, and you should get access to the backer forum.
If you already have a forums.eagle.ru account, but it uses a different email address than the one you used to back the project, unfortunately we do not have an automated way to deal with that. Please email dcswwii@eagle.ru from the email address currently on your forum profile (not the kickstarter backer email address) and let us know which email address you used to back the project. We’ll be changing the backer email address to your forum account email address (not the other way around).
Now, if you are using one email for the digitalcombatsimulator.com account and a different email for forums.eagle.ru, then unfortunately we won’t be able to link them. You’ll have to create a new account with a matching email address in one place or the other.
We'll be adding the missing features in the next couple of days. Hopefully no serious issues will be found in beta, in which case we'll be going live ASAP.
For any issues, please post in the Backer Forum, or email dcswwii@eagle.ru.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Guest Darkness

Da un poco de pena todo esto si me permitís. Quiero decir, cuando yo era joven e inocente la gente desarrollaba un simulador, generalmente de calidad, lo sacaba a la venta, y lo disfrutábamos. Ahora parece que hay que montar unos circos impresionantes. Ese problema con el 109, es incomprensible. Como informático os puedo decir que TODO tiene una explicación. No existe la magia, ni las sorpresas imposibles. De acuerdo, es un sistema muy complejo, pero joder de eso se trata ¿no?

Y esos problemas del P-47, madre mía no lo entiendo, hay datos para parar un tren.

En fin, abuelo saliendo de pista, out!! :D:D

• 3 weeks later...
Update #34 WW2
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/508681281/dcs-wwii-europe-1944/posts/808060

Update #34 Apr 11 2014

Friday April 11, 2014 Development Update – The Two Messerschmitts
4 comments Liked 23 likes
Hello folks,
Ooh, how the time flies, another Friday already? My job is the least predictable of all in the project it seems. I tend to have a huge variety of tasks in my lap, all with five alarm bells ringing, and with no one to give them to. I’ve spent all week doing emergency translations and documents. Doing that while also trying to be a single father to two young kids means that there’s literally no time for anything, especially sleep.
When Friday comes around, Friday morning my time, Friday evening Moscow time, that means a very sudden silence. The kids go to their mother, and there’s no urgent work that has to be completed by tonight – Moscow’s off until Sunday night my time.
Then it’s time for me to relax, sit back, and write a Friday update – and after that, most incredible of all, I can finally go and catch up on some z’s.
Work-wise, we’re moving ahead full speed getting the 109 to a stable alpha stage. Tasks are getting smaller, while the results are becoming a lot more noticeable. We’ve spent all week on the cockpit, on animating the gauges (about a third of all objects now move properly), recording new sounds for Dora and Kurfurst, completing an authentic electrical system, writing out the entire set of keybord shortcuts for the K-4 mostly based on the Mustang. Runway take-offs are finally nice and straight.
The new render is still a bit wacky, and that’s completely outside our control, ED guys are putting crazy hours into it as well.
So, the best we can show on screenshots is a couple of interior shots with needles properly pointing at things other than zeroes.
10155552_743431795678711_132640094825999
10264909_743431752345382_273757841269138
10168137_743431755678715_201982276753984
Also, here’s where we are with the Me.262 external. Hope you guys have a great weekend!
10151390_743431725678718_859759066966336
10171091_743431682345389_802595007898580
10153970_743431685678722_705912884142127
10154107_743431689012055_423765582795290

Edited by Silver_Dragon

WW2 Update
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/508681281/dcs-wwii-europe-1944/posts/815537

Friday April 18, 2014 Development Update – Landing the 109

Hey everyone,
Here’s some more on the Bf 109K-4.
We’re pretty much done with the cockpit and external animations. The last remaining set of cockpit tasks should take no more than 2-3 days; plus we’ve compiled a final list of fixes and updates needed to the cockpit and external models based on internal testing, which should take no more than 10 days or so for the modeler to implement.
We’re having an internal discussion on what exactly to consider an alpha stage for the 109. Obviously we owe our backers an alpha version. My own feeling is that we’re pretty much at alpha, while some at ED feel that this is very far from a version that can be given out. Next week, our plane will look like a 109, sound like a 109, and all the gauges and internal systems will operate as those of a 109. However it will not fly exactly like a 109. The engine model and the aerodynamic model is what takes the most time to perfect in DCS.
We’ll have another big internal discussion on this on Monday.
For now, here’s some screenshots of some more cockpit animations, working AFN2, and a near-perfect three-point landing.
(please note that the new render is still in development, so you're seeing some glitches in trees and shadows and other components)
d9b0749ebf4718db8ba58a26fdddbce8_large.j
c24fbba0b3165dae3a331ccafcbf0092_large.j
fde15cfa073e5036430460a5132caedd_large.j
869f1b0c4d734876c0ee3818ccce9d82_large.j
98d6aecba6cfb8e378372f6f5aa04810_large.j

Edited by Silver_Dragon