PMDG 777 SP1 Preview

JOSETI

Captains,

We just rounded the corner into the new month, so I wanted to give you a quick update to let you see some things we have in store for you.

All my updates of late have been text, so here is a quick preview on two new items you will see in the SP1 update that will be released soon:

Weather Radar

Data Uplink Capability

I don't have a ton to tell you about these two features just yet- so we will let the image do all the talking for once.

We'll be able to give you some release information a bit later in April, too!

PMDG777SP1Preview.jpg

Valga decir que el segundo alternativo hace levantar las sospechas de que efectivamente sea una broma...

Sacado de su FB: https://www.facebook.com/pmdgsimulations

Un saludo.

Algo había leído en el foro de IVAO...

Si PMDG bromea con éstas cosas, para mi perderá créditos... ¿Cuántos años hace que el público le pide un radar meteorológico a PMDG? Todo empezó con el B737 de FS9..., hasta que vino otra casa y lo hizo él. En éste sentido están muy flojos éstos tíos.

Por cierto... no os lo perdáis... jajajajaja

2ela7pl.jpg

Pues al final, parece que no es una broma del Aprils fool day...

Posted Today, 01:38 AM

Captains,

We are essentially finished with work on the SP1 update for the PMDG 777-200LR/F, but we are not yet happy with it on the Quality Control side, so it remains in testing for the moment. We are chasing down a few behaviors in the fly-by-wire system that we do not like, researching a few reports of unexpected problems that our beta testers have identified, and generally going through the normal process to verify all the changes we have made.

We have added almost a dozen completely new features to the airplane, one of those features is a simulation of the operational FMC datalink for performance, weather forecast along route, alternate data, etc. (But we’ll come back to that a bit later!)

The other is a very advanced weather radar implementation that was created in partnership with HiFi Technologies and we think represents one of the best radar simulations yet created in the FS market. Last night’s post didn’t show off our new features as well as it should have, so let’s take another shot at this, shall we? ph34r.png

pmdg_777_radar6.jpg

As many of you know, we have always held HiFi Technologies in good regard in large part because of their product line, but also because Damian Clark was once part of the PMDG team. Over the years we have had off-and-on discussions with HiFi about various ways that we could improve the accuracy of our products by creating data channels between PMDG products and HiFi’s weather engine. These conversations were always interesting but on both sides of the discussion we always seemed to be too busy creating “the Next Big Thing” to really make it happen.

Late in development of the PMDG 777-200LR/F, we decided to offer weather engines a way to push data to the 777 so that users could get forecast data from any weather engine they chose, so long as the engine author pushed the data out in the format the 777 needed.

Shortly after 777 release, HiFi came to us with a very interesting briefing in which they demonstrated that they had overcome PMDG’s long-standing problem with the FSX weather:

HiFi had figured out how to ensure that the cloud data and precipitation data could be utilized in such a way to create an actual weather radar process- and they asked for our input. More specifically, Damian Clark and Kostas Terzides wanted to know “what else would PMDG need that we can provide?”

With that kind of offer- I detailed Alex Bashkatov to working with Kostas directly- and over the course of a few weeks the 777 suddenly developed a full, 3D, reflectance derived weather radar that was able to sing and dance just like the Collins WXR-2100 carried aboard many of the world’s 777 airplanes.

I am glossing over some details here because this was incredibly detailed work- (and no, I don't want to explain how HiFi's technique works- because it is theirs...) and those details are largely boring to you- but suffice to say that Damian, Kostas and Alex deserve a world of credit for bringing such a realistic implementation to FSX.

This implementation grows on HiFi’s initial implementation of this technology and takes it much further than its original capabilities because Alex was able to bring our expertise on the airplane side and couple it nicely with Kostas’ expertise on the weather side….

The result is simply fantastic!

pmdg_777_radar2.jpg

Now- we still have a few items we are working to resolve, such as a proper ground reflectance model but we don’t want to hold up the whole SP1 or keep this little radar gem disabled while we work that out- so look for ground interaction in a future model…

We rolled this out to our beta testers last week, and they are in love with it.

Now- a few details you absolutely MUST know about this implementation. Currently it only works in conjunction with HiFi’s ASN- and it is designed specifically to work with their weather export data only. The implementation is dependent upon data that only ASN can provide to the PMDG 777 and this is the basis for the requirement.

I fully anticipate that other developers will want to create implementations that allow us to accomplish the same task with their weather engines- and I don’t doubt that over time we will do so… But like all things it will take time- and of course those platforms must be able to provide the same level of technical implementation that was accomplished by HiFi.

(And since I’m going to get a ton of angry email from folks who didn’t read the two paragraphs above closely: No- we aren’t saying that only HiFi is capable of doing this, nor have we evaluated the other implementations for technical feasibility. HiFi approached us based on a long-standing partnership and they demonstrated a very cordial, informal, relaxed working style that just happened to fit perfectly in our own workflow for the SP1…and thus the SP1 will include this capability only in relation to ASN.)

Okay- more information on some of the other new features in just a bit!

Únicamente compatible con el ASN, así que tendré que dejar de lado el Opus...

Fuente: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/438427-01apr14-pmdg-777-200lrf-feature-preview-wx-radar/

Un saludo.

Ay si no fuera tan, tan, TAN caro igual me lo pensaba...

Saludos!

El avión o el ASN?

En el primer caso poco o nada se puede hacer a parte de aprovechar el cambio favorable $ a €. Del segundo si te esperas a los martes en pcaviator.com tienes todo con un 10% de dte. y te lo cobran en $ con lo cual salimos ganando...

En el FB han puesto un post algo mas informal que en el foro.

Captains-

Oh how we have had a day full of laughs yesterday!

Over the weekend, we played a little joke on our beta team by telling them that since a few folks in this forum had griped about the fact that we are making the 300ER a priority over the 200ER, that we had decided to cancel the 300ER completely and simply move the resources to the 747-400v2.0....

(I'm not naming any names, but Forum Favorite Luke Pubari took that bait and ran the line out to the very end... We hadn't had that good a laugh on the beta team in some time...)

That got us to discussing the fact that we hadn't played a good April Fools' Day joke on you all since that famous morning when PMDG was purchased by the Boeing Company in 2011... (Classic!)

So just about the time I had decided that we were going to "cancel the 300ER" as our April Fools' Day joke- Ryan pondered out loud: "Wouldn't it be funny if we showed them weather radar and the datalink without telling them it was real?"

Me: "But it IS real...."

Ryan: "Yeah... But they don't know that. If we throw the picture up there without comment, they'll think it is an April Fools' Joke..."

And thus we decided to have some Good Old Fashioned Fun™. :))

Last night as we were preparing some images, we wound up discussing how many times folks in this forum have seen a kollsman setting or a heading or an altitude selection and decided that it was a hidden message regarding our release dates or future products.... (Yes- we always wind up scratching our head over such things...) Which of course caused me and Ryan to decide that it was time to ACTUALLY mess with the contents of the image in order to have some fun.

And that was how PMDG's April Fools' Joke 2014 became truly epic: The April Fools' Day prank was the prank itself... It was recursive- which of course tickles the funny bone of a company full of programmers.

Okay- now you all start being nice to one another- we saw some really crazy comments in that thread and at least a few of you should be ashamed of yourselves <snicker> but thank you for making us laugh!

(And hey- if we all can't have a bit of fun now and then... what is the fun in THAT?!)

Oh- before I go-shown is the UNDOCTORED image!

Fuente: https://www.facebook.com/pmdgsimulations/photos/np.302871605.587322234/715706708469116/

Un saludo.

supongo que lo del 2014 sabeis que es coña, no?

"...wait, what's the date today? Let's hear your comments below!"

:risa-2::risa-2:

:niorisa::niorisa::niorisa::niorisa::niorisa:

Con tu permiso Brisa, pero me has recordado a un profesor de matemáticas de la ESO, que grande que fue el tío.

Nos planto un examen sorpresa de 6 paginas sin verlo venir y nos dijo que primero leyéramos todos y luego lo hiciéramos, pues bien la gente a medida que lo leía iba respondiendo las preguntas otros íbamos leyendo una por una hasta que llegamos al final y decía algo así "si quieres tener un 9 pon tu nombre en el examen y debajo de esta pregunta "Buenos días, el profesor Jordi XXX es el mejor profesor del centro. Y mi atención a la lectura lo demuestra".

Y así fue como un examen de 6 paginas que la gente se quejaba de que no le iba a dar tiempo se terminaba en menos de 10 min...

Perdón por el off-topic, no me he podido resistir.

Un saludo.

En el primer caso poco o nada se puede hacer a parte de aprovechar el cambio favorable $ a €.

Aún así sigue siendo caro de cojones, y estos no sacan una oferta ni para atrás. Joer si es que han reusado mil cosas del NGX y aún así ese me salió en su día, con el precio de descuento de precompra, como 25€ más barato o así.

Todavia si fuera un plastibús me lo pensaría, al menos la diferencia entre la aviónica de uno y de otro justificaría el precio.

Saludos!

supongo que lo del 2014 sabeis que es coña, no?

"...wait, what's the date today? Let's hear your comments below!"

:risa-2::risa-2:

:niorisa::niorisa::niorisa::niorisa::niorisa:

Con tu permiso Brisa, pero me has recordado a un profesor de matemáticas de la ESO, que grande que fue el tío.

Nos planto un examen sorpresa de 6 paginas sin verlo venir y nos dijo que primero leyéramos todos y luego lo hiciéramos, pues bien la gente a medida que lo leía iba respondiendo las preguntas otros íbamos leyendo una por una hasta que llegamos al final y decía algo así "si quieres tener un 9 pon tu nombre en el examen y debajo de esta pregunta "Buenos días, el profesor Jordi XXX es el mejor profesor del centro. Y mi atención a la lectura lo demuestra".

Y así fue como un examen de 6 paginas que la gente se quejaba de que no le iba a dar tiempo se terminaba en menos de 10 min...

Perdón por el off-topic, no me he podido resistir.

Un saludo.

:niorisa::aplauso-6:

En el primer caso poco o nada se puede hacer a parte de aprovechar el cambio favorable $ a €.

Aún así sigue siendo caro de cojones, y estos no sacan una oferta ni para atrás. Joer si es que han reusado mil cosas del NGX y aún así ese me salió en su día, con el precio de descuento de precompra, como 25€ más barato o así.

Todavia si fuera un plastibús me lo pensaría, al menos la diferencia entre la aviónica de uno y de otro justificaría el precio.

Saludos!

Coincido. De hecho yo todavia no he les he comprado nada (aunque el DC-6B caerá) por esa actitud prepotente que tiene PMDG, se piensan que estan en monopolio.....Una pena porque asi pierden dinero. A ver si espabilan.

• 3 weeks later...

Some photos I took today during my OMDB>KDFW flight across the North Pole. Can see some features, fixes SP1 brings in the photos too! My first time ever going across the Pole - was fun! We're still enroute as I post this, tiring... laugh.png Enjoy!

13908113594_c6462b7c3a_h.jpg

13907694765_63441c1a36_h.jpg

13908117194_5301d6862b_h.jpg

13884586762_f1d0cb23f5_h.jpg

13884581531_b721365700_h.jpg

Sacado de: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/439824-sp1-beta-polar-flight-photos/

Un saludo.

Se va a retrasar un poco el SP1

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/440703-26apr14-sp1300er-update-what-could-possibly-take-so-long/

Captains,

I want to start out tonight with an apology of sorts.

To be candid, this SP1 development process has taken nearly three times longer than we anticipated- and we know it has caused some frustration for some of you.

I am very sorry that this has been the case.

There are about fifty reasons why this update has taken this long- and I am not going to spend time laying out a discussion as to whether we approached this update in the correct manner, or whether we should have released it sooner with some of the major items stil not working to our satisfaction- because none of those points are really important.

We have not yet released SP1 because we have not reached the point where we are comfortable that we have it right- and that it is ready for your use.

The only people who have access to "all of the information" that we are using to make decisions are those of us right here at PMDG- so while some folks have taken to castigating us for sticking to our guns on this- I will continue to refuse to release something that is not ready for release.

That decision is mine, and mine alone- and while some may not like it- I stand by it.

I make this decision with seventeen years of providing simmers with products and services- and I make this decision with the help and input of a team that knows our software more intimately than any other group of people on the planet. I also make this decision with the help of a group of beta testers and technical advisors who have a big say in our overall product quality- and they will not white-wash their opinions just to satisfy some angry folks in the forum. (And this is why we have them on the team.)

So- just like I did during development of the NGX, just like I did during development of the 777- I will continue to keep my finger on the HOLD button until we know this thing is ready for you to use.

Now that being said- we have been having internal conversations within PMDG to identify ways that we can speed up the update process in the future, and de-link it from our primary development process. We have taken a lead from many of the leading software vendors and titles out there in the gaming marketplace- and we are currently hard at work on a tool that will be embedded into the Operations Center to keep your PMDG titles continually up-to-date.

Beyond just maintaining your product currency- it will allow us to feed micro-updates to your PMDG products without having to use the somewhat antiquated delivery methods that have worked so well for us up until the 777.

With the ability to deliver micro updates, we could have pushed a number of fixes to you already without having them holding in a bit-build process waiting for the dev team and the testers to sign off on the last few major items that we are still tweaking. Unfortunately our current installation technology simply doesn't let us de-link some of these things- and we just don't want to push an update that has a high risk of breaking something that is currently working properly for the vast majority of users.

To give credit where it is due- the concept to add this into the Operations Center came primarily from Ryan- who is obviously well known here- and is an avid gamer. He has been partnering with Matt, who is the main developer behind the Operations Center in order to make this happen. Matt has been taken off his product development duties with the sole purpose of making this thing a reality- so that will give you a measure of our committment to it.

I don't know when this process wil be ready to roll out- but I think we can all agree that it will dramatically improve our flexibility when it comes to giving you updates and adding functionality to our products- and this will make all of us quite a bit happier!

In the mean time- we are sorry for taking our time with this- but you can rest assured that we are "doing the right thing" by our customers and our product quality- because that is the most important goal we have in front of us.

So if you stuck with me this far- you probably wonder "well, when?"

We will be rolling a new beta SP1 out to the testing team on saturday. I know that we need at least one more build after that- as we are waiting on some key functionality updates from a member of the team who has been sick for the past week.

If we get these last key pieces working as we want them- we have about 5 days of testing ahead of us- and then we are finished.

(RECAP FOR THOSE WHO DON'T READ FOR DETAIL: We have some key pieces that are not finished, and they will need 5 days of testing once finished... So... if they take 3,820 days to finish- we will release in 3,825 days. If they are finished in 1 day..we will release in 6. Re-read this sentence ten times if you don't understand, please.)

Thanks again for your patience, everyone- I promise you that it is worth the wait!

Vídeos del WX.

A few notes that you should read before watching the following video:

1. I mention in the video that the radar depiction lags behind your manual changes. The real unit updates in real time, but this unit does lag slightly because it needs to query ASN for the data, which introduces a slight delay in comparison.
  2. The default level of gain will be increased between now and the SP1 release to more accurately match the default depiction of the real unit. The current depiction isn't showing as much of the yellow band and green band as it should.

Note:

Significantly more lag can be picked up by running ASN networked. Part of this is just inherent in the fact that the data needs to travel through another medium before getting to and from your simulator. If you're on wireless, this can increase your latency. I've been working with HiFi to help to eliminate this (in addition to my networked ASN install not triggering rain at all, for some reason), and I know the team has been working closely with HiFi on a number of things.

Honestly, as someone who's used a networked setup for a number of years with my simulator, I would argue that moving back over would be more beneficial if you're running a multi-core rig. As we all know, FSX doesn't utilize the various cores effectively. If you're using a multi-core machine, running ASN isn't going to affect your machine noticeably. I moved over in order to test ASN local versus networked, particular to the weather radar, and noticed that my weather issues have gone away without a performance hit. Just something to consider while you're waiting.

I know there's a lot of text above this, but if you skipped it, please go back and read it.

Seriously.

Okay, here's what you've been waiting for:

EDIT BY RYAN:

Guys I have to put on the dunce cap for a bit here - FrooglePete who you all know actually made a radar video a while back that completely slipped my mind when I told Kyle to go ahead and post his this morning. Pete had been waiting for my ok to post it. Here is his video as well:

========

Another video preview to follow Kyles. I'll caveat mine as well. I say around 2:10 (and annotated it to correct it) that the radar can have a problem picking up weather immediately around the aircraft. That's not quite true. In this video it did because the gain was too low, but as you see yourself as the video progresses it picks up the rain just fine.

Sacado de: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/441015-weather-radar-video-previews-by-kyle-rodgers-and-fooglepete/

Un saludo.

Edited by JOSETI

Captains-

We continue to make progress with the various items we still feel are "show stoppers" on the SP1 side.

I'm going to paste a (huge) change list for items that are already cleared for inclusion into SP1- as I think it is mostly complete. There are a few items left that we are still tuning, and these have to do with certain control logic inside the FBW system during speed transitions, etc.

This particular area of the airplane is not well documented, I would suspect because it is highly proprietary- and as such we have had to corroborate experimentation in the full sim and FTD with feedback from the flight crew on our tech team, some Flight Test folks, and a couple of engineers who have a rather extraordinary amount of knowledge on the topic.

I wish I could tell you that it was easy to sort out the differences of opinion on the topic- but it isn't... Needless to say it is fairly obvious that we gave too much sway to the engineering descriptions of behavior in the release build- and it has been a b**tch (Sorry, Tom!) working backward toward where we are now.

It is working nicely- but still has some rough edges to sand down- and it is taking time...

One area that is getting quite a bit of attention right now is teaching the autopilot how to handle turbulence more gracefully. FSX turbulence is... well... a joke... but we know that some users of various weather engines like to have this feature turned on- and we also know that we push the FSX flight modeling well beyond what it was designed for- so our airplanes don't always play well with the make-believe FSX turbulence.... So we are trying some things to allow better interaction here. No promises - but we are trying...

Normally at this point I would cut free all other members of the development team to work on the 400v2.0- but instead we are doing an all-hands effort to look for optimizations, error check save-state conditions and that sort of thing- just to make sure we don't prolong any problems that aren't glamorous enough to get full attention during other phases of development.

We sent another build out to the test team over the weekend, and another will go out later this week. (Tomorrow or Wednesday) but I *still* think we have a few more builds to go before we hit one that we will like. This is tough because it is a "feel" thing, and sometimes you make progress and other times you don't.... (It isn't fun...)

The good news? Oh my is it coming along nicely. cool.png

We are prepping the 300ER to go out to the beta team with the next SP1 update now as well. Some folks have expressed some concerns that the 300ER was being held up by the SP1 and this really hasn't been true in one sense since we never intended to release the 300ER without the SP1. To us they are essentially one large update because the functionality changes that we add to allow the 300ER to operate are part of the development cycle that brings in all the changes for SP1...

(Confused yet?)

What this means is that you need the SP1 version to run the 300ER, but you don't need the 300ER to get SP1... We do this intentionally...

OKAY...

So- with the 400v2.0, you can bet your peanuts and beer that we are going to push micro-updates via the Operations Center. This elongated SP1 development cycle has taken a bite out of everyone's enthusiasm. We really didn't expect it to take this long- but unfortunately when we realized we had to make some core changes to the flight control logic- it did really start a layering problem that was very hard to overcome.

We are almost there- and your patience is appreciated. (And with all the extra functionality the other devs on the team have packed in- it is going to be rewarded as well!)

Fuente: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/441512-06may14-pmdg-777-sp1300er-updates/#entry2983297

A esperar otro poco mas :whistling::whistling:

Un saludo.

• 1 month later...

Captains,

This update will give you a broad swath of information on a couple of different topics. This update will be necessarily brief- but it will cover a range of topics and give you as much information as we are able to give you at this time!

PMDG 777-200LR/F - SP1 Wrap-up:

As previously mentioned, we have been letting the beta team "burn in" the current version of the SP1. Thus far it has gone very well- and they are finding a few little tiny detail items that we are able to resolve pretty quickly. We are through with major adjustments, and just tying down some small details and prepping the update for release.

Release scheduling is underway but we have run up against a few challenges and I will discuss a bit later in this update.

PMDG 777-300ER Expansion:

We are very late in testing with the PMDG 777-300ER, and this has gone exceedingly well. The beta testers are resoundingly happy with the addition of the 300ER, and the new and completely different flying qualities that it brings to the 777 product line. As of this moment we are tying down a few loose ends (mostly of the "oops, that was dumb!" variety) and prepping the product for release.

Release scheduling is underway but we have run up against a few challenges and I will discuss a bit later in this update.

Release Plan for SP1 and 300ER:

SP1 will be a required update for all users. The SP1 update will be available by download and at no cost to users. It will add a ton of functionality, and clean up a bunch of the rough spots on the RTM version of the 777. Further, it will be required prior to installation of the 300ER.

The 300ER pricing will be set shortly, but it is expected to be in line with the way we have priced the expansion of the PMDG 737NGX product line expansions...

We were planning to release both products during the course of the coming weekend, but unfortunately this plan had to be shelved because I will be out of circulation due to surgery to fix an ongoing infection that has had me hospitalized numerous times during the past three months. I do not wish to go into much detail, I have been informed that I should expect to be out of the office for a period of time and that recovery will be slow. As a result, we are planning for the first half of July as the current release window for the SP1 and 300ER.

If things go well and we can release sooner- we will.

I apologize for the inconvenient timing- but while I have tried for months to keep pushing this thing off to get us through the release, the doctors are saying "we have to do this now" so... Off we go. blink.png

P3D Planning for the 777:

We have made some progress with regard to licensing that will allow us to release the PMDG 777-200LR/F product line for P3D. We do have some work to do, (and a pretty significant licensing bill to pay) in order to make this happen. Currently we do not have an ETA but I anticipate it will happen before the end of 2014. We are hoping to add the NGX to that same license agreement.

Anyone interested in P3D as their simming platform should understand that licensing for our products on P3D will be significantly different than it is for FSX- and this is just a fact of life. We will not be making a cross-platform license- you will have to purchase a license specific to P3D, and it will be more expensive than the entertainment license available on FSX.

We haven't set pricing yet (we are still negotiating our licensing costs on the back end...) but once we do- we will pass that information along.

PMDG Development for Xplane:

We are nearing completion on our first project for Xplane! As we have previously mentioned, this project is designed to be a development catalyst to help us learn how to work with that platform more effectively- and it has been a great exercise thus far.

We will be unveiling the project sometime in the next 60 days (estimated) and we will also announce the second project for Xplane at that time...

PMDG DC-6 Update:

The DC-6 development process has been stalled a bit- as we have had all hands focused on the 777 SP1. Of course, the SP1 took 10x longer than we thought it would- and this means most of those same developers are headed over to the 744v2.0... This being the case, we have expanded the development team slightly in order to un-stick the DC-6. We should have more information on this in the month ahead!

In the meantime, we are happy to announce that Alexander Metzger will be Guest Starring on the PMDG DC-6 development team- and we are happy to have him working with us on this great, historic airliner!

PMDG Forum Moderator and Technical Support Expansion:

During the past three years, we have experienced unprecedented growth of our customer base at PMDG. Obviously- this speaks to the strength and enthusiasm of the simming community for our products- and we cannot thank you enough for your vote of confidence in our products.

This growth has taken place over time, and I don't think many folks will disagree with me that there are times when we (PMDG) seem a bit overwhelmed and slow to communicate with you via this forum or tech support.

The reality is that we have more developers on the team than at any time in PMDG's history, we have more projects underway than at any time in PMDG's history, we are working across more platforms than at any time in PMDG's history, and there are more customers needing attention than at any time in PMDG's history.

ALL OF THIS IS GOOD NEWS. (Right?)

Well... Maybe.

The fact is that this growth has taken place slowly- and as a result the changes have taken place slowly as well- but during the past three years we have been having a harder and harder time being proactive in the forum and via support.

To fix this, we are going to be adding some new moderators to the forum- and we are going to be doubling the size of our technical support team. We have already identified the individuals that will be joining the team- and we are currently laying out the process by which we will bring them on board. The goal is that we should be able to get back to providing more regular updates, faster response times, and a better overall interaction with you here and via the support portal!

Now- with this increased level of attention will come some changes that are going to seem pretty stark to some users. We are going to be putting a significant amount of attention on individual behaviors in this forum, and we will be making a formal restatement of the rules for participation in the PMDG forum.

In the past, we have had a handful of moderators available to remove unsigned posts, politely enforce the rules, and dial in on folks who are abusive to other users in the forum. As we have all become busier, fewer and fewer of the development team has had time left over to participate here- and thus a greater number of folks are getting away with abusive behavior or violations of the forum rules. This of course causes other users to become emboldened, and the end result is that this forum no longer feels like the friendly, simmer-focused place it once was. (Google: Broken Window Theory)

We will be working to reverse that trend with polite but firm control of the discussion in this forum to make certain that it remains respectful and open to all. Brace yourselves for the folks who will scream and cry that we won't let them criticize us in the forum- this is the standard response to moderation efforts and is usually heard from folks who have decided they don't like the rules and cannot find a way to be critical without being rude or abusive. Those folks will be politely escorted out so that the rest of us can enjoy the company of others...

We will give you more details on this process as it takes place- and we look forward to being able to be a bit more engaged with you like we used to a few years ago.

All of this growth is a good thing- since it means more products and choices for folks who like highly detailed airliner simulation!

Thanks again for your support over the years- I'll be back shortly- and we'll get this SP1 into your hands.

Fuente: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/444651-17jun14-scheduling-and-general-updates/

A esperar otro pelin mas...

Un saludo.

Extraigo lo verdaderamente importante para que no se pierda entre tanta morralla.

PMDG DC-6 Update:

The DC-6 development process has been stalled a bit- as we have had all hands focused on the 777 SP1. Of course, the SP1 took 10x longer than we thought it would- and this means most of those same developers are headed over to the 744v2.0... This being the case, we have expanded the development team slightly in order to un-stick the DC-6. We should have more information on this in the month ahead!

In the meantime, we are happy to announce that Alexander Metzger will be Guest Starring on the PMDG DC-6 development team- and we are happy to have him working with us on this great, historic airliner!

:whistling::icon_mrgreen:

• 3 weeks later...

Captains,

As Johnny Carson used to say, ".....aaaaaaaand we're back!"

I am officially back to work as of this past Monday- and it has taken a few days to get caught up on the administrivia of PMDG so that I could get back to all of you with some updates on the release plan for the SP1 and 300ER.

We anticipate building the RTM (Release To Market) version of the PMDG 777-200LR/F SP1 and the PMDG 777-300ER Expansion Package during the next 24-36hrs.

We will then push those to our testers- and give them a few days to make certain we haven't broken anything in our last round of fixes and tweaks- and then we will push them out to you!

The window for release is looking like 15JUL14-18JUL14 if all goes according to plan.

I will publish a master change list for you shortly- as I have to compile it from the hundreds of sub-versions that we have built during the SP1 phase.

Just a reminder: the SP1 update is completely free for all licensed customers.

The 300ER is a for-purchase expansion (similar to how we did the 600/700 NGX) and we will set pricing shortly...

Thank you for your patience - the past couple of weeks have actually served the product well. While I was out of circulation for the better part of 3 weeks, the rest of the team was working and they added lots of polish and cleanup to the bird.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/446112-09jul14-release-planning-for-pmdg-777-200lrf-sp1-300er/

Un saludo.