1.5.X Hardware Benchmark

Zaz0

Nose si lo habeis visto, pero es interesante y exhaustivo las prueban que han hecho con la version oficial de DCS a primeros de año, teneis comparativa de casi todo, y puede ser una guia para gente que este pensando en nuevo hardware (como yo)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=157374

Compiled list of lessions learned:

Quote:
1. If budget allows - get a fast (overclockable) quad-core CPU! Yes, DCS scales great up to 4 cores!
2. Overclock your CPU: Frequency is the king! Most of the GPU performance will be CPU frequency bound.
3. Faster memory yields noticable performance gains, especially in the minimum FPS range
4. Flying in 4K on PC: On AMD R9 series - make sure to use DisplayPort (DP) 1.2 for 4K@60Hz - do not use HDMI as HDMI 1.4 isn't cutting it (only 30Hz refresh rate). On NVIDIA GTX 9xx series use either DP1.2 or HDMI (supports HDMI 2.0).
5. Flying in 4K on TV: AMD is currently not a good choice for 'cheap' TV 4K. The problem is that these R9 200/300/Fury/Nano cards can only put out 4K@30Hz over HDMI 1.4. The only way to get 4K@60Hz on current gen AMD is to use DisplayPort (DP) video outputs, which works great - 4K PC monitors with DP video inputs are readily available, however DP 4K TVs are not. If your 4K TV only supports HDMI it's better if you get NVIDIA. Alternatively you can purchase DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 adapter which bypasses all of the aforementioned issues. At the time of writing (Jan 2016) the cheapest 55" 4K@60Hz TVs with DP video inputs are still 8-10x more expensive than their HDMI 2.0 counterparts.
6. Overclocking of the GPUs tested yield noticable gains starting with WQHD resolution. Lower performance GPUs than the ones tested (e.g. GTX 750) will benefit from GPU overclocking even in low resolutions.
7. It is safe to say GTX 960 is currently the price/performance king for playing DCS at WQHD (2560x1440) while GTX 970 is the P/P king for playing FCS in 4K. For playing DCS at FHD resolution an AMD Radeon R7 370 (basically only about 10-15% slower than R9 270X) or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 will be great. If money is tight consider higher-end last gen GPUs.
8. CrossFireX work and scales nicely but seem to cause micro-stuttering. The latter can be remedied by setting MODEL VISIBILITY to off (however I haven't found that function in settings as of version 1.5.2).
9. Multi-monitor WALL setup - with 'regular' FOV (field-of-view, e.g. "1 Monitor" preset within the game settings) - performs equally good as the single-monitor setup at comparable (total) resolution. Therefore it's possible to build a cheap large, high-resolution screen out of smaller panels.
10. Multi-monitor BOX setup - with high FOV (field-of-view, e.g. "3 Monitor" preset within the game settings) - heavily taxes the FPS, regardless of your graphics card, most likely because of the DCS 1.5 engine limitation. A workaround is to set the MEDIUM graphics preset to enjoy high FPS.
11. VR setup (2160x120 - "Stereo" mode) is - despite the low resolution - very demanding on this game and one needs to resort to lowering quality settings in order to achieve 75FPS+. A high end and a low end GPU perform pretty exactly the same, a sign of engine bottleneck.
Edited by Zaz0

Yo lo que si me he dado cuenta, es que la versión 1.5 de DCS me usa muy bien todos los Núcleos de mi AMD, cosa que ningún simulador hasta la fecha lo ha hecho

Edito, puesto que esta madrugada se me ha actualizado la versión 1.5, a la 1.5.2. y si tengo que decir algo a favor de esta actualización es que prefería que la hubieran dejado como estaba en tema de rendimiento, no se que han tocado, pero me jodieron bien el chiringuito.. tenia el simu todo a full, y no me caía de 60 fps sin stutterings. ahora, no ay manera.. la fluidez se ha esfumado con la 1.5.2

Increible! :windows:

Edited by lothar29