Flight Simulator World

Pues desde su pagina de Facebook y en Helisimmer, empieza ha haber movimiento. Parece que estará disponible en este mes en Steam. Segun comentan en su video en su FB. Dx11, 64bits. A ver si han aprendido de los errores de Flight School que tuvieron que retirar de Steam.

https://www.facebook.com/flightsimworld

SECURING THE FUTURE OF FLIGHT SIMULATION
Flight Sim World: Bringing the Skies to Life!

Chatham, Kent – 3rd May 2017 Dovetail Games, the multi award-winning simulation developer and publisher today announced that its much anticipated flight simulator, Flight Sim World™, will be released into Steam’s Early Access program in the coming weeks.

Based on benchmark flight simulation technology, Flight Sim World will provide players with an unprecedented level of realism and detail. Its officially licensed GA aircraft will be the most authentic and detailed in-sim representations on the market, faithfully replicating their real world counterparts, with every gauge and switch fully operational.

Not only do these aircraft look like the real thing, but they also interact with the environment in an accurate way. A combination of atmospheric effects and advanced behind-the-scenes mechanics, result in a remarkably unique home simulation experience. Watch the raindrops race across your windscreen in stormy weather, while the physics engine challenges you with true-to-life aircraft behavior, including edge-of-envelope spins and stalls.

Whether you want to plan a peaceful flight somewhere sunny or test your skills with tricky situations fraught with bad weather and engine failures, the comprehensive Flight Planner gives you full control over weather, location and time of day, also allowing you to add random events that will make your time in the air even more challenging. For those who want to focus more on content creation, also included with Flight Sim World is the Pro Mission Editor, which is a professional tool which allows players to create more complex missions.

“The time has come for a new flight simulator which really focuses on the physical quality of the aircraft and a flight model which brings them to life”, said Executive Producer Stephen Hood. “After doing some intensive work on the game engine – such as providing a much-needed 64 bit element – we now have a flight simulation platform which will allow us and our partners to focus on creating new and exciting ways for simmers to benefit from these advances. New features and expansions to Flight Sim World will be rolled out as part of the Early Access program and beyond, reinforcing our absolute commitment to the hobby.

In addition to providing core updates and expansions, Flight Sim World will build on Dovetail Games’ extensive partnership publishing program, allowing high quality add-on developers and publishers to make available excellent additional content such as aircraft, airports, missions, and scenery.

“We have already built relationships with some of the best and brightest flight simulation developers in the industry”, added Simon Sauntson, Head of Third Party at Dovetail Games. “Flight Sim World will expand on those partnerships as we continue to secure premium content for our players. In addition to growing existing partnerships, we are reaching out to the wider development community to foster new relationships and bring top quality content to FSW”

Available May 2017 on Steam Early Access

To follow the latest news and developments, please visit www.flightsimworld.com or follow us on facebook.com/flightsimworld

twitter.com/fltsimworld

About Dovetail Games
Dovetail Games was launched in 2013. Previously trading as RailSimulator.com Ltd, the business launched in 2009 initially producing and marketing PC game Train Simulator. Today, Dovetail Games is responsible for developing train, flight and fishing simulation games for PC and leading consoles.

http://www.dovetailgames.com.

https://www.helisimmer.com/news/dovetail-games-flight-sim-world-avalable-may

Espero que no, porque Dovetain estaría cagandola como un dia de fiesta si esto es solo un "nuevo" Train Simulator World con aviones y nada de "funcionalidad" nueva.

De MudSpike

Features they list as:

• Integration of Accu-Feel™ technology
  • Fleet of highly detailed GA aircraft
  • Easy to use flight planner
  • Realistic flight model
  • Integrated Orbx FTX Global textures
  • Lessons and missions to test your skills
  • Pilot profile to keep track of your flight hours
  • Pro Mission Editor

•  

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/509573-introducing-flight-sim-world/

Mapa actualizado basado en el viejo codigo de FSX actualizado. 

No hay compatibilidad con modulos anteriores de FSX, pero parece que ya hay SDK para las 3rd parties.

Base de datos de navegación actualizada a la de 2015.

Interesante articulo de Robert S. Randazzo el jefe de PMDG

https://www.avsim.com/home/guest-editorials/op-ed-from-pmdg-director-robert-s-randazzo-r4123/

An important post by Robert S. Randazzo reprinted from the PMDG forum  at the discretion of Avsims Managing Editor .

Captains,

I have been a member of the simulation developer community since 1992, when I began creating freeware scenery using the incredibly primitive methods available to us 25 years ago.  In the quarter century that has followed, the team that is PMDG has worked very hard to push the state-of-the art of desktop simming to new levels and to all points of views I feel that we have succeeded.

I have the sometimes-fun/sometimes-frustrating position of being the visible face of PMDG.  I am very proud of the fact that in most reasonable opinions, users in this community generally give me credit for being up front with what I think of trends and moves within the simming marketplace.

I have always been against paid-beta testing, for example- and I took an incredible amount of criticism for coming out strongly against the trend by warning users to be wary of their investment ten years ago when the paid-beta trend took off.  Five years later, many users were sharing their horror stories and lamenting that perhaps this was indeed a bad trend in our marketplace.

I have tried very hard to be a calm point of view in the community- recognizing the enormous size of our customer base.  I have tried very hard not to criticize other developers- even in the face of no such courtesy from others.  I spend (literally) thousands of dollars a year on products from new developers because I think it is important for all of us in the "old guard" to support new entries to the marketplace because a thriving marketplace is what helps our own companies to grow.

Occasionally, users have tried to pit PMDG vs <some other entity> in a strange "coke v. pepsi" or "godzilla v. mothra" battle that I always find to be supremely strange.  I like our competition- because they help to bring customers into the marketplace with their own products- and ultimately we all wind up sharing in the health and vibrancy of the community.

I don't worry about much in the future of our hobby- except for two things:

1) Someone making a grab to control distribution channels and their associated profit margins.

2) Flagrant dishonesty/concealed motives.

You are going to start hearing me talk about these two topics quite a bit in the coming months, I fear.

Three years ago, PMDG was involved in a conglomeration of well known sim developers who negotiated with Microsoft to acquire the rights to continue developing FSX as a platform.  Late in that process, Dovetail Games appeared on the scene with a better, cleaner plan, and Microsoft rightly chose them as the custodian of their platform's future.

My primary concern then, as it is today, is that Dovetail might ride into a marketplace that has been created by companies like PMDG, Aerosoft, Flight1, JustFlight, SimMarket and dozens upon dozens more- and attempt to make a overreaching money grab by forcing all developers to push our products through THEIR distribution channel.

There are many economic reasons why this will signal the beginning of a decline in product quality and product differentiation, and I can certainly go into that in detail in another thread if anyone is actually interested in the process- but suffice it to say the PRIMARY reason why we have such a broad and active marketplace for flight simulation addons has EVERYTHING to do with how free and open the marketplace is- and how low the barriers to entry are placed for new entrants.

I fear that this is about to change for the worse- in spite of assurances to the contrary.

After I made my post on Friday regarding the news release from Dovetail regarding their upcoming sim, a user pointed me to an information post in which dovetail address the topic of distribution for 3rd party addons like ours.  In their post, they said:

"In order to market as an official FSW add-on, you will be able to sell your add-ons on your own store as long as it is made available on the Dovetail channels as well."

Last night, I was lying awake pondering this comment, because it was in direct contravention to assurances I was given when PMDG was asked to provide input and ideas and engage in conversation with Dovetail about putting PMDG's products into their steam channel for FSX-Steam Edition.

This afternoon, I went digging into our email archive and my conference call notes- and sure enough, I found a lengthy communication exchange that involved multiple members of the leadership team at Dovetail responding to my direct concerns regarding the rumored requirements that companies like PMDG would only be allowed to sell products for their new platform if we agreed to sell them via their steam channel.

I was assured in no-uncertain terms that this would never be the case, as Dovetail felt that such a move on their part would destroy the ecosystem that has grown and thrived and made the FSX platform and brand so significantly more vibrant today than it was ten years ago when it was launched.

This has me pondering:  What changed?

For a few years, PMDG and Dovetail had an open line of communication.  It was honest, humorous, respectful and at times unpleasantly candid.  But there was never any doubt that we held one another in mutual respect and wanted to see one another succeed.

That communication essentially dried up after PMDG decided not to push our products via Dovetail's steam channel, because we couldn't see the value in surrendering nearly 65% of the revenue earned by our products in order to be present in that channel.  Sure, not all of that cost winds up in Dovetail's pocket- (Steam takes about 30% of each sale, for example) but the bottom line is that companies like PMDG and Aerosoft and our competitors get here by having the ability to reinvest in ourselves and our products.  If our distribution costs become artificially inflated by being forced to use a high cost channel in which we don't control our own destiny- it is only a matter of time before the companies with the kinds of capabilities simmers have come to love vanish from the landscape.

We have been reaching out to Dovetail off-and-on since late last year and those efforts have met with deafening silence.  Perhaps the language chosen to describe Dovetail's position inaccurately appears to constrain developers to their steam channel, when instead they mean to separate community offerings as "official" and "unofficial" in a manner that has yet to be described?  I don't know- but the silence doesn't bode well.  After all- PMDG aren't exactly newcomers to the marketplace.

I sincerely hope that Dovetail hasn't decided to toss aside the value set that has allowed the ecosystem of flight simulation to grow and thrive.  If they have, it will have grave and terrible consequences for the continued growth and product quality of the community.

As I said, I don't like money/power grabs, nor do I like dealing with dishonest brokers. 

From where we sit today, it seems we may be dealing with both and that is a very troubling thing indeed.

On 2017-5-4 at 5:27 PM, BRISAFRESCA said:

Yo solo digo una cosa: me niego a deshacerme de FSX y ''sus add ons'', muchos diran lo mismo.

Pues como es la misma base del simulador se podrán actualizar e instalar en el FSW. Tal vez se le adelantan a P3D V4 y se coman mucho de su mercado.

Yo si he dejado FSX con toneladas deadd ons  payware por X Plane 11, ahora ni si quiera me apetece entrar al FSX ni con Orbx, Rex, Opus, Acu feel, etc, etc.  

Edited by batito
  • Like 1

Por lo visto, PMDG no esta dispuesto a pasar sus ventas exclusivamente por el canal que Dovetail quiere.  No se que harán con este FSW pero lo que si se es que Dovetail no sabe hacer simuladores, TS2017 o su nuevo sucesor no son simuladores de trenes, ni si quiera tienen bien hecho la fricción de suelo!  Pretenden ser simuladores pero eso es todo, así que dudo que saquen un simulador de vuelo a la altura de lo que ya hay.  Aun que quien sabe, cosas mas sorprendentes es visto hoy día!

1 hour ago, Red2112 said:

... pero lo que si se es que Dovetail no sabe hacer simuladores, TS2017 o su nuevo sucesor no son simuladores de trenes, ni si quiera tienen bien hecho la fricción de suelo!  Pretenden ser simuladores pero eso es todo...

Doy fe. TS como simulador es muy flojillo.

Personalmente me gusta más Trainz Simulator de Auran. Aunque también tiene bastantes carencias.

• Like 1

Hay un compañero del foro de simuladores ferroviarios que a DTG los llama, Dove FAIL Games, El TSW no lo he comprado ya que ha salido sin editor y con tan solo una ruta.

Sobre FSW no me acaba de convencer, ya tengo XPL 10 y la 11 va a caer en cuanto pueda, sin ser un fan boy que por cierto nunca he sido de ningún sim, creo que Prepar o este FSW tiene que ofrecer algo muy bueno para que lo compre.

On 5/10/2017 at 4:37 PM, batito said:

Pues como es la misma base del simulador se podrán actualizar e instalar en el FSW. Tal vez se le adelantan a P3D V4 y se coman mucho de su mercado.

Yo si he dejado FSX con toneladas deadd ons  payware por X Plane 11, ahora ni si quiera me apetece entrar al FSX ni con Orbx, Rex, Opus, Acu feel, etc, etc.  

De lo que no tengo ganas es de pasar por caja de nuevo para hacer la compatibilidad, esa es mi principal pesadilla.:xd:

Con respecto a Xplane si no hubiera hecho la inversión que ya he realizado en FSX y tuviera un pc mas moderno no me lo pensaba dos, cómo dice Japo con xplane solo necesitas, el simulador, el motor meteorologico y un avión payware que te guste, la inversión creo que 150-180 euros, vale la pena con la multitud de add ons gratuitos y de calidad en x plane.

Saludos

Brisafresca

PD: Aqui una interesante noticia que afecta a p3dv4 a este FSW y a todos nosotros: http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreaker/2017/5/7/is-the-jump-to-64bit-useless-without-fsuipc

Edited by BRISAFRESCA

15 hours ago, BRISAFRESCA said:

PD: Aqui una interesante noticia que afecta a p3dv4 a este FSW y a todos nosotros: http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreaker/2017/5/7/is-the-jump-to-64bit-useless-without-fsuipc

En mi opinión todos, o si no todos, la mayoría de los desarrolladores de addons de P3D de 32 bits, tendrán que actualizar sus productos a 64bits, implique lo que implique, costo, tiempo, etc. El futuro de al menos los próximos 10 años (mas o menos) está en esta estructura de programación, de no ser así es como cerrar las puertas de su empresa. 

Pues la verdad me ha impresionado poco. Algunas imagenes son alucinantes, otras se parecen peligrosamente al FSX. Habria que ver el rendimiento, pero eso en un video no lo podemos valorar porque puede estar usando cualquier maquina.

Lo compré por probarlo en steam y tras una hora y pico trasteando pedí el reembolso.. De rendimiento no va mal, pero es un refrito del FSX, no se han calentado mucho la cabeza.. Veremos si con el tiempo van metiendo cosas interesantes y merece la pena comprarlo..

Entonces estan callendo en el mismo problema que fue Flight!, el publico casual no le interesa una mierda la simulación, van, pegan unos "tiros", hacen algo el cabra y lo dejan. Intentar una y otra vez un genero que simplemente es pegarte contra un muro es simplemente tirar a la basura el dinero invertido (ya les paso con Flight School y lo tuvieron que retirar), si Dovetail se empeña en que la comunidad simulera entremos por su aro, creo que al final se le acabara cerrando el chiringuito y llendose a otro lado.

Coincido con Silver.

Estos de Dovetail son unos domingueros. Llegan a un sitio de nuevas e intentan poner sus reglas y que todo el mundo les baile el agua. :D Al final,  nadie les hará caso y tendran que irse con el rabo entre las piernas. :vinsent:

Mirad como Lockheed no ha  tocado el tema del ecosistema. 

De hecho, @Silver_Dragon ya lo decía Einstein: "Locura es hacer la misma cosa una y otra vez esperando obtener diferentes resultados"

Bueno, pero creo que por el precio no está mal, ya que para refritos del FSX está el P3D pero al doble de precio, y si tomamos en cuenta que hay miles, no miles, millones de gamers nuevos que no saben nada de simulación, una buena mercadotecnia y se pueden captar. 

Para medir el éxito o fracaso habría que ver las cifras de las ventas y si hay online, medir a la gente online aun que en este mundillo no es importante. 

Edited by batito