Invitation to event The Legent of Musashi (11th December 2021)

Kukulo

P9eNQVa.jpg
Peace pilots!

Well it is a year from last mission we flew  Dance over Port Moresby event. I tried made new event from Pacific, but real life stuff and other things stopped my work. After some another attempts I finally scored and choosed finished mission which we flew 7 ears ago. It was named Battle of Sibuyan Sea. Map author is my friend Saldy. I made some changes in modpack (Avenger gets some 3d cockpit update, external 3d update and some flight model work, Helldiver gets Hayrake from your last SEOW modpack, I added japanese haevy criuser and light cruiser, some new default skins. I found most of them on SAS and Free modding sites). So I renamed event and started invite friends to join. We are going to try sink one of the most iconic battleships in history. Virtually.

There will be trening server open for all pilots. Only week left to mission. But it is enought for training. We need train TBF-1C avenger with Mk13Late torpedo and SB2C-3 Helldiver with 4x500lb boms or 1x1000lb bomb. Also we need train take of and landing on the deck. It is good understand Hayrake navigation. We will fly in groups so if somebody does not understand Hayrake he may allways ask friend for course. It is planned fly two waves. In firs wave if you choose Avenger you will be torpedo bomber. In second wave you will switch to Helldiver and you will divebomb. Or if you choose Helldiver for first mission, in second wave you will switch to Avenger. If you want fly only Avenger or only Helldiver let me know, I need note it to roster. There will be two Essex class carriers (Intrepid and Bunker Hill) for TBF and SB2C-3 planes and two light carriers (Cabot and Independence) for F6F-3 Hellcat with rockets. Their function is supresse AAA. But most pilots will fly Avenger/Helldiver combo because we will cooperate in attack. I will add Avenger to light carriers too to extend slots for pilots (if we will have too many pilots for Essex class. Who knows, hehe). 7 ears ago we flew third wave too. In this third wave we took Avengers only and finally sunk Musashi. So it is very recomended train both - Avenger torpedo attack and Helldiver dive attack - on trainings.

Event date: 11.12.2021
Start: 20:30 CET
OREL server IP:
185.91.116.113:21018
PASS: hakyhore
TS Letka OREL 185.91.116.113:9987
TS pass : War_2013_22
Game version: HSFX 7.0.3
Difficulty: Full real, external views for taxi only
Mission duration: cca 3hurs

Set in conf.ini:
[NET]
speed=25000

MODPACK: download from link. Folder Battle of Leyte V2 goes to jsgmemods folder in the main game folder.
https://drive.goo...sp=sharing

JSGME activation:
- HSFX history mod
- Battle of Leyte V2

- Effects Low (voluntary)

TACTICS:

Primary target: Musashi battleship
Seconddary target: every other ship

1. Take of and set course to Meeting point
2. Flights meets over Meeting point
3. Localisation of the target and coordinate attack
4. Disengage from combat and course to meeting point
5. Course to carrier (use Hayrake) and landing procedure

First wave:
Each group will have leader. There will be Intrepid leader and Bunker Hill leader. USS Intrepid CV11 will use for first wave TBF-1C Avenger. Avengers will load Torpedo and 100% fuel. On Leaders order first flight of 4 planes will spawn on the deck. After take of they will make one circle over fleet to form fligh and set course to meeting point in BM40 num.3 (north coast of the island there). When first flight is in air, than second flight of 4 planes will spawn on the Intrepids deck etc. In the same tine USS Bunker Hill CV-17 leader will order spawn first flight of 4 planes o deck. Bunker Hill will use for first wave SB2C-3 Helldiver with 4x500lb bomb or 1x1000lb bomb and 100% fuel. Same istructions are for Helldiver pilots: after takeo of they will made one circle over fleet to form and than set course to Meeting point in BM40 num.3 When first flight is in air, than second flight of 4 planes will spawn on the Bunker Hills deck etc. Avengers will climb to 7000ft. Helldivers will climb to 17000ft. If someone will have some technical troubles, his flight will not wait for him. He will spawn as last pilot and will fly at his own. Good luck man!
After meeting over Meeting point, formation will set course to supposed posiotion of the enemy fleet. Avengers and Helldivers need fly in visual contact of each group. Leaders will communicate about speed corrections. With enemy fleet in sight Musashi indentification is crucial step. Helldiver formation leader will choose best position to attack and his wigmans and other flights will follow him. Avengers will fly in safe distace and Avengers leader will choose best position to attack. Coordination with Helldivers is needed. Communication is important. Avengers may attack on relatively high speed with MK13Late torpedo. Good coordination may reduce flak on flights. Or maybe not. God knows what happened. After ordnance drop are pilots free use strafing AAA positions, on leaders order. But supposed flak is hard. After desingage from target 4 plane flight leaders will call surviving planes over meeting point to form. Not needed fly on group leaders orders. Than use Hayrake to get on carrier.
If somebody will be shot down he will have two choices. First: he will get cigarette and drink rum and he will wait for his flight to land. Than he will respawn to next wave with his flight. Or he may choose back up airfield over island and join his flight or group and fly back to carrier. Second choise is for pilots whose like carrier operations and wants land on deck.

Second wave:

In second wave we will switch planes. This mean that When I flew first wave from Intrepid in Avevenger I will choose Helldiver from same carrier. Take of procedure is same like in first wave. Avengers will climb to 7000ft and Helldivers to 17000ft etc.

Third wave:

Mission is designed for two full waves. But if everything will goes well than third wave is possible. In mission we flew 7 years ago we flew third wave in Avengers and we finally sunk Musashi in this third wave.

Some situation info:
brief.jpg

Carrier positions on missions start:
sib002.jpg

The legend of Musashi discussion thread on czech/slovak forum: https://vwings.net/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=6335

Pilot roster:

First Wave:

USS Intrepid CV-11; Avenger (Torpedo ), 100% fuel

...(CO)
...(XO)
311_Vont
311_Mart
LesniHU
CSW_Rannisokol

=VARP=Kroat
=VARP=Hunter
=VARP=WD
=VARP=Dragunov

USS Bunker Hill CV-17; Helldiver (4x 500lb nebo 1x 1000lb ), 100% fuel

...(CO)
...(XO)
OREL_Erichos
OREL_Franta

Letka_13/Indy
Letka_13/Algy
Letka_13/Luky
Letka_13/Colonel
Letka_13/Kukulo

Second wave:

USS ntrepid CV-11; Helldiver (4x 500lb nebo 1x 1000lb ), 100% fuel

...(CO)
...(XO)
311_Vont
311_Mart
LesniHU
CSW_Rannisokol

=VARP=Kroat
=VARP=Hunter
=VARP=WD
=VARP=Dragunov

USS Bunker Hill CV-17; Avenger (Torpedo ), 100% fuel

...(CO)
...(XO)
OREL_Erichos
OREL_Franta

Letka_13/Indy
Letka_13/Algy
Letka_13/Luky
Letka_13/Colonel
Letka_13/Kukulo

For Hellcat fans and as aditional slots for Avenger pilots is we will have too many pilots signed in (but I do not suppose too many pilots, hehe):

USS Independence CVL-22; Hellcat F6F-3 (rockets, rockets+500lb bomb ), 100% fuel; TBF-1C Avenger 1xTorpedo, 100% fuel
Magot

USS Cabot CVL-28; Hellcat F6F-3 (rockets, rockets+500lb bomb ), 100% fuel; TBF-1C Avenger 1xTorpedo, 100% fuel

Edited by Kukulo

Thank you very much for the invitation to this attractive mission. Some of our guys are considering showing up for this flight. Much success in the mission!

Cheers

Muchas gracias por la invitación a esta atractiva misión. Algunos de nuestros chicos están considerando la posibilidad de presentarse a este vuelo. Mucho éxito en la misión!

S!

Hey all!

Tommorow, on 8. december at 21:00 CET will be server test under load. We will take of and fly to japs fleet and we will activate AAA. Will see what happened. If there will be time we may try something we call Megasplash! We will return to carriers and all will land on one carrier. I will land and taxi my plane to park near catapult. All other pilots will do same. It allways great fun if somebody will miss cables...
 😁

Edited by Kukulo