Beta 15 para el parche 1.02 de LOMAC

La razón es muy sencilla: el día anterior otro responsable colocó información sobre el desarrollo de la beta, y fue vehemente criticado de tal forma que hubo que borrar el hilo. Esto demuestra que, a pesar de que la gran mayoría de aficionados son gente educada, siempre hay un pequeño porcentaje de elementos que se dedican a escribir todo tipo de insensateces que no conducen a nada, excepto a molestar a los desarrolladores, y al resto de lectores.

La decisión final ha tenido que ser tajante: escribir cuál es el estado de la beta, y no permitir que se puedan leer improperios. Una solución drástica pero que se tiene que adoptar para evitar que el hilo se llene de las ya clásicas discusiones que no llevan a nada.

En el Escuadrón 69 estamos todos muy interesados en que aparezca el parche, como es natural, pero entendemos que es mejor esperar el tiempo que sea necesario, como ya hemos comentado en otras ocasiones, con el fin de conseguir un parche que, recordémoslo, puede ser el último en bastante tiempo. Por ello, mientras sigan informando al personal de sus progresos, nos sentiremos completamente satisfechos, deseando que acaben el trabajo en las condiciones que todos deseamos, es decir, produciendo un parche que disponga de la calidad que LOMAC se merece. Y así va a ser con toda seguridad.

Mientras, podemos leer el comentario de Norman sobre los adelantos y problemas con los que están trabajando en la actual beta 15.

Ok, everyone take a deep breath.

I realize that some of you are impatient and frustrated because the V1.02 patch has taken so long to finish. Nobody wants this patch finished more than those of us working on it. Our team in Moscow has been working very hard as have the testers.

Many of you people seem to want a paradox to occur. You complain about bugs and problems but then you also complain that the patch has not been released. You can't have it both ways. Do some of you really expect us to release the patch when we are aware of a problem? We are working to fix the problems we have identified. Trust me, I am confident that there will be something we missed for you to complain about, but in the meantime, we are going to fix the bugs we have found in our testing effort.

This next paragraph is for the naysayers and crybabies: We are doing the best we can. If some of you can't be patient and feel you have been treated unfairly then why waste your time here? Please leave if you can't act in a civil manner. Lashing out at us is counter-productive. If any of you armchair developers think you can do a better job then fill your boots.

I understand that Matt Wagner posted an update yesterday that he eventually deleted because a few asshats decided to flame the thread. What a pity.

Because I don't believe all of you should be penalized by the actions of a few morons I am providing an update of our status in this posting. But, none of us are interested in comments so I am going to ask that the updates be locked from now on.

Beta 14 had several problems that we felt needed to be addressed before being released:

- A problem with one of the Training Missions continues to be frustrating.

- A problem with re-spawning in MP.

- A problem with fuel quantity after jettisoning external fuel tanks.

- A problem with the lock range for the AGM-65D

All of the above have been addressed in Beta 15 which we hope to be receiving very soon.

I'd like to tell you that Beta 15 is it but we thought Beta 12 and 13 were going to be "it" only to find that a few annoying problems were introduced requiring new builds. Sometimes we take one step forward and two steps back. It is the nature of software development.

We hope 15 is golden but I am not going to count on it as I have seen setbacks occur too many times to be overly confident. This takes time and we are doing our best to finish it correctly.

Presently I'm very busy on a multitude of things and will not be as active on the forums this week. Do not be surprised if I don't address your question or concern.

For those of you being patient and supportive, we thank you.

Carl

En resumen, además de la sensación de impotencia por tener que tomar estas medidas, Carl informa de lo siguiente:

Sigue habiendo un problema muy frustrante con una misión de entrenamiento

(probablemente es la misión del F15 que ya estaba dando problemas en

anteriores betas.

Problemas con la reconexión en Multiplayer.

Un problema con la cantidad de combustible tras lanzar los depósitos

externos.

Un problema con el bloqueo de rango en el misil AGM65D.

Todo esto se ha solucionado en la beta 15, la cual se espera recibir muy

pronto (para testeo).

Se espera que realmente la beta 15 sea la última, pero no se puede

asegurar hasta que se haya probado de forma completa.

En resumen, el parche sigue su curso, y en el Escuadrón 69 seguimos pensando en finales de mayo como la fecha en la que el parche estará acabado. Esperamos no equivocarnos.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Important Information

Some pretty cookies are used in this website