VEAO ¿DCS:Buchones?

Tarres

eso parece, no esta mal ver el "producto nacional" en DCS: W, pues por lo que dice el final del comunicado, parece que hay soporte, y no está mal los otros aparatos, A ver lo de los nuevos mapas.

El comunicado:

Announcement: DCS Warbirds Collection

VEAO Simulations Ltd, London, 22nd April 2014.
VEAO Simulations are pleased to announce that we are in contract to develop the “DCS Warbirds Collection” for the DCS World flight simulator.
For the first iteration, the following aircraft modules are being developed:
HA-112 Hispano Buchon
Supermarine Spitfire Mk XIV
F8F-Bearcat
Curtiss P-40F
All aircraft will have the External Flight Model (EFM) and Advanced Systems Modelling (ASM) to DCS fidelity standards. As with all of our modules, we will develop these aircraft to military specifications.
The modules in the collection will be released separately, as they are developed, and will be sold for $39.99 each.
We expect the first module to be ready at the end of this year (Q4 2014) with the remaining modules expected for release up to Q2 2015.
Future aircraft in the collection are being discussed, as well as terrain maps, and further details will be announced at an appropriate time.
A separate team is working on these modules which will not affect development of any current module.
We would like to thank the Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics for their continued support, as well as you, the community, for the overwhelming support you give us.
Chris and the VEAO team.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Suponiendo que los desarrollen con apoyo, cobertura jurídica blindada (casi lo mas importante) y demás...

La pregunta del millón ¿estarán integrados con el DCSWW2 y/o el DCS?, ¿conformaría esta posible integración que se desvanezcan las dudas de tener una sandbox común con sus correspondientes selectores de mapas, fechas y demás para el editor? Es un punto que nunca ha quedado claro, (se puede interpretar la semántica utilizada en las frases ya que nunca han aclarado el tema) es más, hasta hace nada VEAO (supongo que por las cosas legales con BAE) no ha dejado claro la integración total vía Module Manager, IA para el editor aunque no tengas el módulo correspondiente y demás.

El ejemplo de Belsimtek no vale, ya que estos son primos hermanos de ED (partner, no terceros). La verdad, me gustaría que saliera ya un "3rd Party" y ver como llevan el tema de integración una vez empiece el baile de updates, betas, hotfix y demás tanto del desarrollador externo del módulo como de ED.

Esperaremos pacientemente...

Edito: acabo de leer las respuestas que dan. Viva la semántica y la interpretación Shakespeariana (o los discursos de Sir Humprey Appleby)...

A ver si de una vez aclaran el tema claramente (vale, es DCS, lo sé), pero me parece que hasta que no saquen el alpha de RRG (que va ligado al EDGE) no lo sabremos realmente.

Edited by Tarres

Segun Ells y Pman, parece que si:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2048911&postcount=31

Originally Posted by Silver_Dragon viewpost.gif
Can will be integrate / work in cooperation with 1944?
the "future" maps will be centre on England / commonwell maps / scenery?
As we've said before they should work yes.

Maps are still being looked into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Dragon viewpost.gif
Can will be integrate / work in cooperation with 1944?
the "future" maps will be centre on England / commonwell maps / scenery?

I answered this above regarding the integration with 1944. It is our expectation that all our aircraft will be fully compatible with DCS WW2.

As for future maps, I really cant say at the moment, as/when I am able to confirm regions I will

Pman

Revisando la lista, el P-40F y el F-8F están presentes dentro de la lista de aparatos de The Fighter Collection, ahora el Buchon y el Spitfire XVI podrían ser de coleccionistas privados u otras organizaciones.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

A eso me refiero Silver: "parece" que si, que "podrían ser utlizados en el DCSWW2" (..."is our expectation...")...

Falta una conformación oficial y clara de todo el tema. Hubo un post antiguo de cuando presentaron a RRG y el DCSWW2 que daba a entender que si, que tendrías o bien una única instalación o que podrías tener una solo de aviones WW2 a gusto del usuario. Sin embargo, de ponerlo claro empezaron con las divagaciones semánticas.

Hasta que no saquen el alpha del WW2 y que los integrantes del kickstarter puedan empezar a instalarse sus módulos y se vea claro el tema de como va la instalación... creo que no lo sabremos a ciencia cierta.

Y mira que es una lástima que no dejen claro esto desde un principio.

Numero de personas en el proyecto y otros:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2049169&postcount=100

Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN viewpost.gif
Well I suppose I meant total for all of VEAO... as for Nandos, there is one down the street, stop buy and I'll buy you lunch tongue.gif

7 on Hawk
7 on Typhoon
7 on Warbirds (which will increase as time goes on likely)

2 on non-flight related solutions

Nando's all around it is then thumbup.gif

Y sobre otras cuestiones:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2049648&postcount=184

Happy to answer this one Sith, everyone has their opinion and I respect that, but with some limits as we can't talk about some things due to the NDA.

As for biting off more than we can chew, if you had read back through the posts you would see that we have multiple teams, 7 people in each, working on the different aircraft; Hawk, Typhoon and Warbirds. So I guess the only one that's really "biting off more than I can chew" is me coordinating all of the teams and trust me, I can handle it wink.gif

So as a business does it make sense to work on one aircraft, wait until we release it before working on the next one? Of course not. Or you'd get a module every two years and we'd be out of business.

No one is waiting for Edge, both Leatherneck and us have said we will release in 1.2.8. So not sure where you get your info from?.
Is 1.2.8. publically released to the masses yet? No, it's still in Beta.
When it's released we'll be ready.
For us at least we still have the issue with BAE licensing which my lawyers are all over (I'm dredding the bill!!).
Once those two hoops are out of the way then we can release the Hawk module, as been said many times in our dev diary thread.

As for competition, well I don't see it like that. RRG are working on similar planes, yes, but their theatre of operations is different to ours.
Do we have a map area in mind, yes. We will develop that map area, yes. Are we ready to say where it is, no not yet.
Do we need Edge SDK to build that map, yes. Do you need 1.3.0 to fly in it, yes.
Will we have it ready for 1.3.0, I doubt it very much.

Hope that clarifies some things for you.

Thanks,
C.