Saitek X65F y SimWare Simulations

PsYch0

Got hands on with the X65F today, a pre-sales promotion thing(?) in Beijing. Here's a small review. Being an F-16 flyer and a cougar owner I do have certain biases but here goes:

-------

The bad:

The buttons are sloppy. They're not tight and of quality as on the cougar, or even compared to my previous stick X52. When I press a switch I'm not very sure the button is actually pressed. All the buttons are cheap and sloppy like this.

Throttle detent is loose. There actually is a "gap" at the detent, so if lead says "buster", I prolly will be a little bit faster or slower than buster...

The throttle grip is very tight to move, although they already set it to minimum force. So you mostly will need to bolt down the throttle on the desk. The other downside is, it makes the detent not easy to feel.

Afterburner range is very short. There's like... only half to one centimeter in the AB range. Fine AB control not possible.

Ministick a bit uncomfortable to reach. It's very important in a engagement to move your radar cursor, adjust radar elevation and sort out your targets. The Cougar has the radar antenna control at the most comfortable position of your left hand (thumb). The X-65F's ministick requires you to move down your thumb, move away your left hand to reach it, which takes time. Doing so also makes me impossible to reach other controls on the right side of the throttle.

SST software. Foxy is much more nicer, especially with the DX buttons assigning.

And.. yes, it's made of metal but still feels plastic....

------

The good:

Hell yes force sensing. They didn't have Falcon4 installed, so I tried it out on a F4U in IL2, with 22lbs pitch and 17lbs roll, and I like it. I don't have to worry about the time transitioning between roll and pitch, and can make very swift maneuvers. Guess this will be more apparent on the F-16. Precision is also good, not having touched Il2 for 4 years I landed the F4U easily.. without knowing where the trim keys are. But perhaps prop heads require finer control. Force sensing is for jets with FLCS, I think.

Functionality wise, definitely a lot better compared to X52/45 etc.

Basically force sensing and functionality are the only highlights for me. Overall quality wise, I even miss the X-52. But what did it to me was the throttle detent and the ministick. Perhaps with modding and improvements it'll get better....

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2940260/all/Preview_Saitek_X_65F_Pro_Fligh.html

El X65 éste tiene muy buena pinta, sí. Pero este tío que hace el análisis explica justo lo que yo esperaba. Que lo del sensor de fuerza y la cantidad de botones genial. Pero el resto: caca.

¿Cuantos años tiene el HOTAS Cougar ya? Es increíble que después de todos los que han salido, sigue siendo lo mejor para volar cazas. Y si es simulador de F-16 más aún.

Por fin pude probar un X52 Pro, que tenía ganas. Y es bueno, sí. Pero me quedo con mi cougar. Como dice Danipelos, mi próxima inversion en HOTAS será el sensor de fuerza FSSB, y volveré a tener lo mejor de lo mejor.

Excepto el HOTAS Warhog que no sé cuando sale, claro.

Got hands on with the X65F today, a pre-sales promotion thing(?) in Beijing. Here's a small review. Being an F-16 flyer and a cougar owner I do have certain biases but here goes:

-------

The bad:

The buttons are sloppy. They're not tight and of quality as on the cougar, or even compared to my previous stick X52. When I press a switch I'm not very sure the button is actually pressed. All the buttons are cheap and sloppy like this.

Throttle detent is loose. There actually is a "gap" at the detent, so if lead says "buster", I prolly will be a little bit faster or slower than buster...

The throttle grip is very tight to move, although they already set it to minimum force. So you mostly will need to bolt down the throttle on the desk. The other downside is, it makes the detent not easy to feel.

Afterburner range is very short. There's like... only half to one centimeter in the AB range. Fine AB control not possible.

Ministick a bit uncomfortable to reach. It's very important in a engagement to move your radar cursor, adjust radar elevation and sort out your targets. The Cougar has the radar antenna control at the most comfortable position of your left hand (thumb). The X-65F's ministick requires you to move down your thumb, move away your left hand to reach it, which takes time. Doing so also makes me impossible to reach other controls on the right side of the throttle.

SST software. Foxy is much more nicer, especially with the DX buttons assigning.

And.. yes, it's made of metal but still feels plastic....

------

The good:

Hell yes force sensing. They didn't have Falcon4 installed, so I tried it out on a F4U in IL2, with 22lbs pitch and 17lbs roll, and I like it. I don't have to worry about the time transitioning between roll and pitch, and can make very swift maneuvers. Guess this will be more apparent on the F-16. Precision is also good, not having touched Il2 for 4 years I landed the F4U easily.. without knowing where the trim keys are. But perhaps prop heads require finer control. Force sensing is for jets with FLCS, I think.

Functionality wise, definitely a lot better compared to X52/45 etc.

Basically force sensing and functionality are the only highlights for me. Overall quality wise, I even miss the X-52. But what did it to me was the throttle detent and the ministick. Perhaps with modding and improvements it'll get better....

http://simhq.com/for..._Pro_Fligh.html

, mi próxima inversion en HOTAS será el sensor de fuerza FSSB, y volveré a tener lo mejor de lo mejor.

Yo ya lo tengo, ¿verdad Ender?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Darkness

Por cierto que esta tarde Trilogy y yo vamos a ir a ver el X65F en L´Aeroteca, ya os contaremos primeras impresiones. Es a las 19.00 horas por si alguien más se quiere pasar.

Por cierto que esta tarde Trilogy y yo vamos a ir a ver el X65F en L´Aeroteca, ya os contaremos primeras impresiones. Es a las 19.00 horas por si alguien más se quiere pasar.

Testearlo porfa si se puede con IL-2 y con DCS:BS ya q no tengo muy claro q valga pa ese tipo de trastos.

Salu2

Algun adelanto sobre este Hotas...a ver esas impresiones...

Hace casi dos dias que estuvisteis y aun no has escrito nada Darknerss...uff me estas flojeando :D

Un saludo

Guest Darkness

He estado en Zaragoza con la gente de Simaragon y justo tengo un rato para escribir en el foro con calma. En todo caso, la primera impresión fue muy buena, pero para después de semana santa vamos a montar una sesión toda una tarde en L´Aeroteca probando el X65F donde la gente podrá verlo y tocarlo con sus simuladores favoritos. Ya anunciaremos la fecha, pero será espero a lo largo de la primera quincena de abril.