Aniversario de la Operation Opera

RoteBaron

joder como meten Gs

la lectura de la derecha 00.5 son 500 pies no? estoy leyendo en comentarios que son 50 pero no me creo que luego cuando hacen el pull up bajen desde 950 pies 25 grados morro abajo tanto tiempo, es asi no?

00.5 deben de ser 500´ porque luego suben a 09.5 y otro a unos 07.0 y la bajada a esos 22º-25º morro abajo. tienen que ser miles de pies.

Fiate de la wikipedia, pero ahi dice: "the F-16 formation climbed to 2,100 m and went into a 35-degree dive at 1,100 km/h, aimed at the reactor complex. At 1,100 m, the F-16s began releasing the Mark 84 bombs in pairs, at 5-second intervals"

Si fueran cientos de pies... la cupula del reactor nuclear creo que se veria en el HUD como un huevo gigante, no tan lejos como se ve. Aparte que soltar 84 tan bajo es como contraproducente.

Un relato sobre las 84 sacado de "hornets over Kuwait"

On this day we were carrying two, Mk 84 two-thousand-pound bombs each, one under each wing. This was a manly weapon. Though we were only carrying two, they were twice as big as the bombs normally dropped, and they created a tremendous explosion. I had never dropped one before.

I picked my first target, and dropped a bomb. The airplane, instantly two thousand pounds lighter, almost leapt as the bomb fell away. The now unladen wing flipped up because its lightness relative to the other. Looking over my shoulder, watching the trench, and putting out chaff and flares as I climbed towards safety, I was surprised at the size of the explosion. That was a big bomb! The trench disappeared in the blast.

An instant later I felt my aircraft shudder. Oh shit! In a panic I kept my jet turning towards the coast and looked it over. Now it seemed to by flying okay; the engines were operating fine. Kato hadn’t seen anything hit me. I could find no damage to any part of the aircraft. It finally dawned on me that what I had felt was the shock wave from the bomb blast catching up to me and rattling the airframe as I climbed. I had never before dropped a bomb of that size and was unprepared for the jolt.

I gathered my wits and repositioned the seat cushion, which had gotten pinched halfway up my backside during my panic. That finished, I let Kato know I was okay and turned back toward the positions to drop my other big bomb. The second delivery went the same as the first, except this time I was ready for the big thump from the bomb concussion as it caught up with my jet.

Edited by Angel101