English Words When Googling

Guest Darkness

Guest Darkness

When you need something to know, normally you´d go to three differente places or more: 69th Squadron :D, the wiki, and of course the typical search in google, being this the most usual way of finding the info you want.

Ok that´s right, think of something about airplanes you want to know, maybe something technical, something about history, and so on. Then how are you going to look for that info?

You could write some words in spanish or in english. Well if you don´t know english normally you´ll write words in spanish. Let´s see an example. We´re going to look for "fighter airplanes". Try it. Then "cazas de combate", that would be a good translation.

"Fighter airplanes" -> 15.300 results.

"Cazas de combate" -> 13.800 results.

Let´s try

second world war bf-109 -> 63.000

and in spanish

segunda guerra mundial bf-109 -> 10.600

And if you don´t use quotes in the first example

Fighter airplanes -> 2.010.000 results.

Cazas de combate -> 1.300.000 results.

Ok I see you can find much more information in english than in spanish. So I usually search words in english.

Is that good? Where´s the problem? Can web think of arriving to the english searchs? How? Why is this happening and how can we solve it?

I think it is very important for us. People who defends spanish should think that a person that needs information can find a lot more in english than in spanish. Do we forget spanish then?

Do we forget spanish then?

I think no one is going to translate those english files into spanish for free.

some english words have been incrusted in our minds and we prefer to use them instead of the spanish translation.

so the war is lost, learn english if you wanna know something about airplanes.

Guest Darkness

Falcon 4 and other manuals have been translated to spanish for free. That´s good. Maybe we could think of creating ourselves new material in big quantities like english people do more than translating from english ;)

Falcon 4 and other manuals have been translated to spanish for free. That´s good. Maybe we could think of creating ourselves new material in big quantities like english people do more than translating from english ;)

That's a lot of harder than simply translating it, so I wouldn't count on it on the short term :lol: