Cambridge Esol Examinations

Well, maybe you don't know about what i'm talking about, i'll explain it a little.

Cambridge ESOL examinations are a good way to test your English level. The examns consists in 3 diferent parts: Speaking, listening and reading and writing. There are diferent levels for each type of examns ( you can see them on: http://www.cambridgeesol.org/home/learner.html ). I've heard that the General English examns are a good thing to add to your CV even also to university.

I've been doing those examns, this year i'll be doing the Fist Certificate in English. I strongly recomend you to do the examns.

Not easy to get First Certificate from Cambridge! I passed with merit 6 years ago (maybe 7, can't remember) But lately my English is a bit rusty... if I had to pass the exam again, probably I'd fail it...

Good luck passing the test Deliverator, specially Listening... I HATE that part!!! ^_^

There is only one way to learn english, either as au pair or in bed.

So better get yourself an english speaking girlfriend and forget about exams :P

You are right my friend :D

Not easy to get First Certificate from Cambridge! I passed with merit 6 years ago (maybe 7, can't remember) But lately my English is a bit rusty... if I had to pass the exam again, probably I'd fail it...

Good luck passing the test Deliverator, specially Listening... I HATE that part!!! ^_^

Thanks Templar, I've passed before moovers, ket and pet with pass with merit. I know First Certificate is harder... I've been doing some test and is really diferent to the ones i've done, but i'm sure i'll pass it without too many problems.

Anyway, is a good experience, at least for me, because you are tested along with your suposed level and so you can see what you need to improove.

There is only one way to learn english, either as au pair or in bed.

So better get yourself an english speaking girlfriend and forget about exams :P

You are right my friend :D

Thanks Templar, I've passed before moovers, ket and pet with pass with merit. I know First Certificate is harder... I've been doing some test and is really diferent to the ones i've done, but i'm sure i'll pass it without too many problems.

Anyway, is a good experience, at least for me, because you are tested along with your suposed level and so you can see what you need to improove.

I didn't find First Certificate to be very challenging: I passed it studying only for 1 year, after 4 years learning French. I found Advanced harder, though. A bigger gap, if you know what I mean.

But, forget about these stupid exams and certificates. The only important thing when studying English is to understand it (listening) and speak it. Writing? Have you ever read a native English-speaker? I bet you they do more grammatical and ortographical errors than most of the people of this forum.

Edited by Galahad78

I understand you Galahad, first is not imposible, but yet harder than the other i did before.

I'm used to talk with native english-speakers and most of them don't do grammatical or ortographical errors, but i think as you. The most important thing is to understand and speak it.

I also think that is more important to understand and speak English, specially in daily situations than write it. But also I think we couldn't only listen and speak fluently, we need to write good too if we want to work in a company with international achievements fo example. So in my opinion, Cambridge examinations are a good way to learn english quickly. Of course, they constitute a better way than other methods as "English with 1000 words" so I recomend it for persons who have one year or less to reach a good level of English. I have First level of Cambridge and is enough to work in most national or foreing companies and I expend less than a year to approve it.

Edited by Sabin